Labor

It was the twins due date and so far, nothing. I couldn't lie, I know that most women don't give birth on their exact due date but I was still worried.
"Come on you too. Mommy and Daddy want to meet you both." I said placing my hand on my stomach.
There were some kicks and I smiled.
Jared was out doing some grocery shopping and I, had been some unpacking at our new home.
By noon, Jared had gotten back and I, had been doing all the wives tales in how to make yourself go into labor.
None of them worked.
I sat on the couch watching the Lizzy Bordon Chronicles on Netflix with Jared.
"Oh my god!" I said as I watched the actress take another persons life.
I turned my face into Jared chest and he held me.
"It's over now. You can look." Jared said with a laugh.
I looked back at the television and then a sharp pain hit me.
I shrieked in pain and Jared instantly asked if I was okay.
I shook my head.
"That hurt so bad!" I said.
"Let's call the hospital. Maybe you're getting contractions." Jared said getting up off the couch and calling the hospital.
They told us to come and see them and so we loaded everything we needed into the car and drove to the hospital.
***
Although I wasn't anywhere close to giving birth to the twins, I was in labor and with each contraction it hurt more and more.
"What can I get for you baby?" Jared asked as he saw me wince again.
I shook my head.
"Nothing. Would you walk around the hall with me though, I heard that helps the pain." I said with a smile.
Jared nodded and helped me up off of the hospital bed and wrapped a hand around my waist.
"Thank you." I said kissing his lips.
"Of course Ell. I don't want you to be in that much pain." He said and I laughed.
"It just gets worse from here babe. It's a fact that I'm going to be cursing your name soon." I said making him laugh.
We walked around and sure enough, it hurt just a bit less than it did prior. That or I was just now getting used to it.
"Want to head back?" I ask looking at Jared.
"Sure." He said with a smile and we walked back to are room.
A couple minutes later a women came in and checked my contractions.
"We'll probably just have you stay here, you're contracting more and more. If you need anything from home I'd get it now dad." She said looking at him with a smile.
Jared nodded.
"I'll get some changes of clothing and your shampoo and conditioner Ell." He said standing.
"Okay. Take your time babe, these babies aren't coming too soon." I said with a smile.
He kissed my forehead and left.
Here we go!