Chapter Twelve - B

Romy

It had been almost two weeks since my mother had told Jackson that I was pregnant. Fortunately, I had been hit with very little morning sickness since then with only a few foods causing me to run for the bathroom. The problem, however, was that my stomach was beginning to protrude a tiny bit. Soon, the pregnancy would be impossible to hide. My scent would be changing any day now and I had to think of a way out of here as quickly as possible.

Luckily, I had the support of my mother as well who was also looking for a way to help me.

I was lounging on a chair in my room staring out the window and thinking of my husband and how we were going to get out of this mess when I heard hollering in the hallway outside my door.

It was my father, shouting obscenities and smashing things on his course towards my room. I closed my eyes and prayed beyond hope that he walked by my bedroom.

The sounds of the lock unlatching startled me out of my prayers and I stood quickly, bracing myself.

"Just when I think you couldn't shame me anymore than you already have!" My father shouted and barged toward me with Gary following closely behind.

I sent up a prayer that he still couldn't smell the change in my body.

"I don't know what you mean." I manage to get out before he back handed me across the face, a repeat of what he had done when I had returned.

"Brandon went down to City Hall today to apply for a marriage certificate," Gary explained contemptuously, my father seething so much he couldn't form words. "Imagine his surprise when you already had a marriage license on file – with Jackson Merphate."

Gary spat at me and my father stood over me seething.

I glared back up at them both and scooted back and away from them.

"You are a waste of space Rosemarie. Married into the Merphate pack, as if being mates wasn't bad enough! I have no more use for you but to make him suffer." My father growled and motioned towards Gary who transformed into his wolf while my father stood over us.

I was tempted to transform myself. I have Alpha blood, I could hold my own against a Beta like Gary; but, I couldn't. Transforming while pregnant posed a risk to both the mother and the fetus.

"What are you going to do?" I asked quietly and tried to keep my brave face up.

"The one thing that would make Jackson Merphate come to me begging me to rid him of his pathetic existence. I wanted to find another way; you are my daughter after all – no matter how regrettable that is. Rosemarie, we are going to kill you."

The first strike came from my father. He kicked me in the head, blasting pain through my skull and black dots to flash in front of my eyes. When Gary, in wolf form, clamped his teeth into my calf I screamed out in pain. Gary dragged me all the way across the floor, my body being pulled into my own path of blood as my hands flew out to my carpet trying to find purchase.

That's when the true onslaught came. Claws, fangs, punches, kicks – I couldn't keep track of everything that was happening to me. I curled into a protective ball around my stomach in an attempt to protect my futilely baby as much as I possibly could.

I screamed over and over again until my throat was raw and bloody. I screamed for my life, for my baby's life, for Jackson's life. There was so much blood; I had no idea where it all was coming from. My cream carpet was stained in a puddle of red and I felt I was drowning in the thick, syrupy substance that covered my body and the floor around me.

The darkness was encroaching around me. The thuds of the beating of my body were becoming distance drums, echoing in my head. The growling and piercing biting and clawing of my skin mere scratches on a mirror in the music of my death. I couldn't open my eyes any longer.

"That is enough! What the hell do you think you are doing!"

There was an argument that I couldn't make out. Raised voices that were speaking as though they were underwater. When did we go underwater? I could barely manage to stay awake.

"Oh, Rose," I heard my mother whisper beside me and then I passed out.

---------------------------------

Please remember to share and vote!

Also, check out the Pinterest Board:

https://www.pinterest.com/kris_black1/jackson-romy/