Chapter Nine

When I woke up the next morning I was just itching to jump out of bed and do laps around the outside of the house. My skin was full of electricity. The moon was drawing my wolf to it. Jackson stirred beside me, running his hand over my bare stomach before groaning and pulling me towards him.

All the hair on my arm stood as if I just had a power surge.

"Jackson!" I squealed as he picked rolled me on top of him.

"Good morning to you too, sweetheart," he grinned.

I smiled at him as he leaned up and brushed my lips with his. Another jolt of static coursed through my body.

"I need to work off the excess energy until we shift tonight."

I moved to get off of the bed only to have Jackson hold me still.

"I can think of a pretty good way to do that."

I rolled my eyes.

"I need to go outside. It is too cramped in here."

"Well, we don't have to be inside to continue where we left off," he suggested playfully.

I slapped him on the shoulder playfully and rolled out of bed, making my way towards the bathroom for a shower.

"Are you sure you don't want me to join you?" Jackson whispered in my ear.

I had barely heard him move across the room. He ran his hand down my arm; I shivered all over. I turned around and bit my lip. I really wanted to get outside and go for a jog, the longer I stayed in the house the more my wolf revolted.

It only took one kiss from Jackson to let him join me in the shower.

It was mid-morning by the time we made it outside. I was wearing Lulu Lemon black shorts and pink tunic running top that I had found in my closet. I did my pre-running stretching while Jackson finished his and leaned against the house and openly stared at me.

"See something you like?" I teased and bent over to touch my toes, giving him ample to look at.

"If you want to get to running, I suggest you finish your stretching."

I stuck my tongue out at him and stood up, jumping back and forth on my feet to get ready.

"Get ready to get your butt kicked, Alpha."

He raised an eye and pushed off of the side of the house.

"You really think you can beat me?" He chuckled.

"I guess we'll see," I replied and pushed him over before taking off.

"You're a cheater!" I heard him shout out behind me.

---------------------------

He won. I'll admit it. But he did say that I did pose more of a challenge than most of the others. I attributed it to my Alpha blood. I was stronger and faster than most other wolves when I wasn't beaten down and half-starved.

We did manage to soothe the electricity for a while though and had lunch with some of the other wolves. Everyone had been jittery, just itching to be outside running freely.

Now, I stand outside the house while all of the other pack members had shifted and run into the woods. Jackson assured me that they wouldn't go far and that we could catch up, but that didn't stop me from shifting nervously from side to side. I was worried that they wouldn't accept my wolf.