Part 26: Merry Birthday

I say as I look at the presents I have prepared for every one. There was Sasha's a bunch of potatoes that I was gonna cook. Mikasa's which was a scarf that I bought, I didn't expect her to wear it as she'll probably still wear Erens. For Jean I bought him a horse ribbon, for a joke ya' know but the proper present was a sketching pad. Hanji's was a new pair of glasses.

I got Erwin some eyebrow tweezers. These days their getting bushy, and I got Armin a new book about Ghouls. Eren was a pouch to keep his key, and Levi... I haven't decided. Hanji wasn't a big help, as she kept on saying "give yourself to him" and "how about a whole day for you and him."

And of coarse I told her that this was not a lemon.

I sigh as I go outside and put on my scarf, I had a carrot in my hand for Raven as a I fed him as he gulped it down. It was a early Christmas present for him. I let him loose in the paddock as he ran around doing his horsey shit while I walked back into the HQ.

Tomorrow was Christmas, and apparently we have a big feast. Probably just more flavored soup with more bread, and a piece of potato for everyone. I was about to trudge back until I glimpsed Levi's figure walk towards the stables. He was wearing a long fake fur coat, with a black scarf wrapped around his neck.

His nostrils emitted transparent steam as his peircing steel grey eyes searched the surroundings. I never appreciated accidental Levi modeling, his eyes finally met mine as we just stood there. He begins to move towards me, a smirk tugging at his lips. I find myself smiling and grinning, it's been along time since we actually talked properly. How's probably the time.

"Tch, what childish shit is this?" He asks looking at me, I shrug as I started picking a mound of snow. He stares at me as I concentrate on my fortress that used to be my snowman. I peep up at him as he rubs his spidery long hands together as he looks up at the blurry grey sky.

I grin, this silence was unbearable as I rounded up a snowball and smack threw it right in his face. I swore that he held a grin as he looks at me with a glint in his eyes.

"Oh? Calley what did you just do?"

"Hmph, challenging you."

Without warning he whips out his hands and makes a snowball from scratch and launches it at me, I crouched as it flew above my head. He grunts as he starts making a fortress too, I smirk as I make more snowballs and attack him. It was hours of fun as I swore that the hours passed like seconds.

"Come on Heichou! You could do better! I'll treat you to something if you win!" I say, I took my words a bit to foolishly as he smirks and straightens his back with his wet hands.

"Oh? Is that so? We have a deal there." He smirks as in a instant he whips out his hand and throws mounds of demented snowballs at me. I yelp as the cold powder trickles down my skin.

And then there was fire.

Kill.

Oh no, it's activating. I felt my conscious self fall away as a cold and furious mask goes over me, washing over me like a oncoming tide. Levi's eyes widen as a I launch myself on him.

He holds on to my wrists with force, his eyes giving off confused glints. I wanted to stop, I really wanted to. But I couldn't, I was too weak to fight back.

Come on. Accept me, I'll give you all the strength you need.

No. No, NO!

With those words I force myself to resurface into my own body. Levi lets out a startled grunt as I push myself into his chest. I cry, these days I was a lot more emotional. I was scared of the monster inside me.

"Brat, stop crying. You'll look even more uglier." He says as he pulls me close, his cold hands patting my head. I let out a small chuckle, Levi was bad at comforting. But I learnt that he cares, through experiences.

"I'm just scared that... One day I'll kill everyone I love." I confess as he pulls apart and wipes my eyes with his icy thumbs.

"Remember I'm protecting you, and hopefully Four-eyes has come up with something to cure this." He says in a flat tone, but there was some reassuring edge to his normal voice. I don't say anything, but just snuggle closer to him. This was probably his second time showing affection towards me.

"I'll assume that I won that fight." He says he looks at me, I search his eyes.

"So what do you want?"

He pauses and looks at the ground, I found myself smirking lightly. This was probably the only time I felt Levi feel insecure about being with me, better make the most of it.

"You."

Very cliche I know, he seems to smirk as he pulls me in for a kiss. We fought over tongue dominance over each other, and normally he will win, we poured all our feelings into that one thing. It was incredible, our hot breaths ignited and made steam erupt between our two mouths,

We broke apart both wanting air, he smirks as I had a pretty flushed face.

"C'mon that was your bday present." I say smiling, he says something I couldn't quite hear. His birthday was tomorrow anyways. But the surprise party was today, I took his hand and dragged him into the mess hall. Which was decorated and the lights were off so that it's a surprise.

"Levi close your eyes."

He tched at close his eyes hesitantly, I pushed him into the hall as the lights were lit and everyone jumps out yelling cheers and wishes to Levi. He was awed, no one in all his life in serving the military has done this for him. He smiles, everyone looks awed.

"What you got a problem, I smiled," he says after deadpanning everyone, they all just laugh as they out him in the middle. Hanji smiles as she grabs out drinks, cakes, and meat.

"Our whole military asked for bigger taxes just for one week saying that Humanities Strongest deserved a good birthday." Erwin explains in a conversational way as some cadets including Armin, Sasha and Connie gather there for the informant.

Eren walks to me, he seems to have a angry face as he yanks Levi out of the crowd and pushes him to me. Levi looked haughty as he was conversing with a female that seemed to have owned a well known cleaning company.

"What do you want Jaëger." He says as his tongue clicks in an impatient way.

"Commander Erwin says that there is a expedition next week where the sow should be gone at. He says it's only Hanji, Mikasa, Jean, You, Jessica, Me and Armin. I have suggested that we should try and find Titans in this weather to be Hanji's new test subjects as it is cold and should smoke Titans weak." Eren says in a flat voice.

Me an Levi look at each other, next week was a bit rushed. We nod curtly as Eren stalks away giving as a glare from behind. Levi sighs as he runs a hand over his hair and massages his temples.

"Urgh, why can't Mikasa tell us that-"

"Your worried about Jaëger instead of the upcoming expedition?" I say as he looks at me, men are jealous creatures. Just then Hanji tells everyone to come and sit down. I spot Armin was seated there, he waves at me cheerfully.

I wave back, as we all sit in a circle as Hanji pulls out a box with a mischievous grin.

"Let's play 12 minutes in Heaven."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! I've finally updated ^.^ got over them heartbreak syndrome over one of my senpais. Man it was terrible, but thank god I got over it in time to update :) So hope you enjoyed this chapter, having some quality time our main character is.

Please VOTE, COMMENT OR FOLLOW YOUR THE BEST GUYS.