Chapter 28: Expeditions End

I readied my stead, as Raven was sick. This was the expedition. Levi held my hands, he wasn't talking much because he was still embarrassed by the fact that he got drunk on front of Eren. "Tch, my vulnerable side shown to Jaeger... Humiliating." I recalled him saying.

As the gates opened in painfully slow pace, I felt myself fearing what will happen out there. I wasn't reckless and stupidly brave, anymore. Jean had remarked how I was "a battle torn warrior". I laughed and waved it away. As Erwin bellowed out the expedition starting we all launched ourselves out in the open.

Titan territory.

I felt myself tightening my grip as we rode off into the plains, I felt myself getting more nervous after changing course each time a Titan was sighted. Levi notices this as he sighs. "No worries, we're not dying. Not today." I nod at his confident words. But I wasn't really confident in the inside,

We were near the front one of the most dangerous positions as the front is where we mostly encounter titans at.

"Stop being goddamn stiff Jessica." Levi sighs as he made me jump up in fright once again.

"W-woah... Don't surprise me like that." I say as a pat my hearts area. "I was talking to you for the past 5 minutes."

"Oh."

We stop and look at each other I was nervous. And scared, for once in my entire life. I was doubting my choices.

"Don't regret your choices." Levi says suddenly almost as if he read my mind.

"If it wasn't for this choice you wouldn't have met me, wouldn't have made so much friends. You wouldn't have found out more about yourself." he says as he forces me under his hard steel gaze.

"Be strong. We're humanities hope and foundation of discoveries."

I smile and nod, I wasn't feeling as nauseous now. Eren smiles encouragingly as Mikasa and Jean grins. Armin at the back relaxed abit when he heard Levi's words just as I had relaxed towards his as well.

"Your right.. I-"

There was a sudden lightning strike, everyones eyes turn towards the direction. I felt myself feeling numb as I see Zaydes titan form looming over us. This couldn't be.. He was meant to be executed today.

"He escaped from Wall Sina?! But-" Eren babbles but was stopped by me.

"Never mind that. We have to protect the formation." I say as I took out the gun and shot it upwards. Levi was about to get off his horse and follow Zayde.

"Levi! Let Jessica do it!" Hanji yells as she comes towards us in a speedy pace. His eyes widens then narrows.

"Do you want my girlfriend to be... Killed." He yells venomously, Hanji for once flinches at his tone.

"I have trust in her abilities." Hanji says confidently straightening out her glasses.

"Don't sound so certain-"

There was a ear deafening roar as Zaydes titan form charged at our part of the flank. Levi glares as he caught that Zaydes eyes were starring right at me.

"Levi... Protect the formation... I'm going alone."

"ARE YOU CRAZY JESSICA?! WHAT OF I LOSE YOU LIKE I DID TO ISABEL AND FARLAN?! GODDAMNIT YOU-" I crashed my lips to his, as we melted into a rough passionate kiss pouring all we wanted to say in it.

"I will not die. Trust my words Levi." I state firmly as I veered my horse towards the direction of Zayde.

As the formation grows more distant I see Zaydes titan form slowing down. It was grinning down at me.

"So.. You... Came.. Like.. I.. Predicted." He rasps out, so he could talk in his form.

"Yes. To end you." I say as I close my eyes and focus in the wretched image of my murderous self. It was like starring at myself. But it was just that the other half had a creepy smile on its face.

"Hm? You need my help after all?" She says smilinh wickedly down at me.

"Yes." I say simply.

"Fight me." She says as she readies in a stance, we launch at each other. I knew that our strength would both be matched as we were the same person. She roundhouse kicks me as I caught it, too easy. This was how I normally start the fight as I twisted it around she fell but leapt up again and threw a punch, this time I really got hit as my head. The damage knocked the lights out of me, my conscience was stronger then my physical self.

"Tch, think you could beat me?" It says as it bobs down to see me.

"No. I'm don't." I says simply, it looks at me with an incredulous and surprised look. And then it's face hardens, as it pulls my hair up to level with her face.

"What... Did you say?"

"I said no. I tried, for Levi... For Mikasa, Eren and them." It snorts and let's go of my hair quickly as I dropped on the empty void.

"I'll bid your doing this once."

As I came too, Zayde had already picked me up and studies me closely, his eyes glowing from his mop of hair. Yelling out some type of yell, I pull Zaydes arm, as it broke free with its sinewy strands dangling off and still attaching itself to it. Zayde screams as he puts an hand over his half regenerating arm, taking the opportunity I shot my grapple towards him and took the opportunity to cut his neck.

It was too easy, but then... He let out a scream just before I cut it. That scream, was recorded into Annie's catching... The scream where hordes Titans comes and eat him. Just as this scream took place I pulled out Zaydes human form and slits its nape. The night mare was now over.

But a new nightmare awaited me. I felt the strength I had fade and the voice and said I'll leave you to die along with my secret. I was surely doomed to die.