Part 16: The Cake, The Shorty And the Hyperactive Girl

As we seated ourselves where the 'privileged' people sits, I couldn't help but criticise in my head how much make-up the Sina pigs and wealthy people put on. Well Cake-face has even more, all the woman kept on shooting Levi flirtatious glances and nervous giggles every time when they past us or we past them.

I smirk as I found a girl purposely fall in front of Levi expecting him to help her up, but Levi turned a blind eye and continued examining the plates, bowls, and wine glasses for stains. All the cutlery seems to exceed his expectations, because after series of examining he slowly and politely are his dinner.

The girl who purposely fell down had sat there for as long as I can remember, impatiently tapping her toes trying to make Levi's attention turn to hers. Levi seemed irritated as the girl still stayed there. I elbowed him and smiled teasingly, he scowled.

"Tch, what do you want." He finally said turning to look at the girl, she was surprised yet triumphant to hit on him.

"I-I sprained my ankle." She said faking her small voice and innocent eyes, Levi remained motionless.

"Hey Jessica pass me the broom the waiter is holding." He said as he looked at me, nodding I politely asked the waiter next to me for the broom. Surprised the waiter handed to me, I passed it to Levi who muttered a thanks. Sending my heart melting, probably his second time.

"Here." Levi said shortly as he thrust the broom at the girl, he turned back to me and starred

"Hey Levi?" I say looking nervously at him.

"Tch, I'm listening." He says as he swirls his wine around in the cup.

"What's it like in the underground?" I ask curiously, being a Military police I had to investigate some files previously back in my days. And the files had stated Levi lived in the underground previously.

"Why do you care?" Levi sounded suspicious, his tone colder than usual.

"It's because being in your squad, I should get to know you." I say shrugging, he narrowed his eyes I starred back I was sure he didn't entirely trust me.

"I was a thug." He says shortly, sipping his wine through pursed lips.

"Ok then, you don't trust me do you?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"My information can't be trusted to a previous MP." He says coldly, I looked surprised. The whole Annie thing wasn't my fault at all.

"Look not everyone in the MP is cold-hearted cowards who hide in Wall Sina." I say coldly, he looked surprised this was the first time I used this tone on him.

"I transferred because I wanted freedom, and to discover new things for humanity. I actually have hopes for humanity overcoming the titans, I don't want to live in this crap filled reality you know." I added still in my cold tone, Levi regained posture and remained silent.

"Isabel and Farlan." He says looking distant, were these... His friends?

"We lived miserable lives in the underground... Basically pick-pocketing, stealing... All sorts of stuff a thug does. We were free in the crap place... But also miserable. One day we were captured and forced to join the Survey Corps or the would turn us over to the Military Police for our crimes... Erwin personally went there to capture us with a few others. Not long... On our first expedition... I-Isabel and F-Farlan died." He said making choking sounds at the last bit.

I felt sorry for him, he's been through a lot too... We have something in common. I patted Levi on his shoulders awkwardly, it wasn't like he was crying or anything.

"Oi, I'm not some emotionally unstable person you know." He says looking up, I smile as I recollect myself.

"You were choking." I say sticking out my tongue.