Chapter 6

Sonic POV
I can't sleep. So much has happened in the past hours that still rattle in my head. 'What will we do? How are we going to live? How can I live? My medication isn't cheap, and I don't think will have extra money anytime soon..sigh*, what can I do? I look at my phone, and come across the same website that was asking a replacement for my sister. Only males. I could get that job, but my classes, school. I want to be something in life. But how can I even live if I don't have my medication. That settles it. First thing tomorrow I am heading to the Doom's home. And with that I fell sound asleep.

~The next day~
I wake up at 6:30, quickly get dressed and head out. As I make my way to the door I am stopped by Sonia. "Excuse me?", she says as she places her arms across her chest, "Where do you think you're going?" Hmm..I can't tell her about the job, what if I don't make it? "To school, obviously.", I beam. "Oh yeah that's right.", Sonia replies a little embarrassed, "Okay, carry on, I'll be out the whole day looking for jobs.", Sonia states. "Okay, bye!" "Bye Sonic..."

~Outside ~
Sonic POV
I feel guilty that I had to lie but it had to be done. I make my way to the Dooms house and knock on the door.
*Ding - Dong*
'I'm so nervous. How is that crazy lady going to treat me? Will I make a good impression? I'm so anxious...'
*Click*
I hear the door open, and noticed an elderly cream-colored rabbit wearing a blue apron. She politely says, "What are you doing here sweetheart? Are you lost?" "No.", I awkwardly respond, "I'm here for the job offer." "Job offer?", she questions, "Oh yes, the maid...I'm sorry I couldn't recall, age does that to you.", she strangely apologizes. "It's fine Ms., can I speak to the owners?", I ask. "Of course baby, I'll lead the way." As I make my way into the house I noticed how beautiful is really is. 'Wow, these people must be important.', I thought as I walked up a flight of stairs. We do twists and turns to find the owners. 'Somebody is bound to get lost in here.' We finally arrive to a library and the rabbit said, "Wait here until I tell the Mrs's you have arrived.", she quietly states as she enters the monumental room. 'Wait, so she's going to leave a complete stranger under no supervision in this paradise of a home? Talk about security. What a loophole.', I thought as a waited. I hear the door creak and noticed to rabbit signaling me to come on in. 'Moment of truth' I thought as I entered to meet the person that could change my life forever.

Amy POV
I was in the middle of a long refreshing nap when I was rudely awoken by the "service". God I hate that rabbit. The only reason she isn't out of here is because she was Shadow's nana. Sigh* what an old hag. "What do you want Vanilla?!", I harshly ask. "There's someone who wants to see you for the job offer as a male "maid". Would you like to see him?" 'A maid? Thank god!' "Let him come in dear.", I state as she rushes to the door. 'Finally someone to help maintain is house! I'm sick and tired of all the Vanilla always whining and complains. I wish I had more employees, but word has been spread that I am I bit "paranoid", sigh* lies. I need to play cool if I want this worker', I thought as I witnessed our "new recruit" come in. 'He's cute but a bit too young.' I start to interrogate this kid, I need to know who I am letting in my house.

"Hello.", I casually say as I break the ice, "Please state your name, age, and recommendations." He stares at me for a second, hesitates, then responds, "My name is Sonic M. Chaos (Sonic the Hedgehog is too mainstream) , I am 15 years old, and I don't have any recommendations because this is the first job I'm applying to, sorry." I hesitate, and asks, "Why do you want to work at such a young age? Don't you stop to think about your education?" He looks down, now I know for a fact that there's more to this kid than meets the eye. He says, "I really need the job, my family is short on money and it's basically my fault. I know the basics of the job I'm applying for, I know how to cook, clean, and organize. Please take me into consideration." I stared at this kid. He has potential and I really need the extra help, but he's just a kid and I still don't know much about him Sigh* 'details', thought to shake off my original worry. You know what?", I say," I will take you into consideration, you are now officially hired! But keep in mind that I'm trusting you, and that you will be on probation for the first week, so don't mess up okay?" I saw how his cheeks light up with excitement and exclaimed,"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I won't let you down, promise!"

Sonic POV
'I'm officially hired! I can't believe it! Mrs. Doom is the kindest person ever! I wonder why Sonia thinks the exact opposite...I get lost into my train of thoughts until Mrs. Doom said, "Let's take you to your new room, there's still many things to discuss but we'll talk about that when my husband arrives, in the meantime, go change into your uniform and get to work! Clean everything that needs it and help out with the food, okay?" "Okay.", I say as we head to a room that is twice as big as my original room. She was looking around the room and pulled out a small brown box. "I wasn't expecting anybody to come for the job, so I'm not technically ready for you, but you still have to wear the proper attire. This fits you to some extent. Don't worry you won't be noticed except by Vanilla and my family. This is only temporary so don't get worked up about it", she states as she heads out, leaving me in the room with a provocative outfit.