Chapter 9

Quick Author's note
Hey guys I'm sorry I died for so long. Bunch of work, school and life wise, and my immune system is just standing there being useless. Anyways, hope you enjoy ,again sorry. I really want to commit to my story and not rush into it like the other one, which I'm debating whether or not to scrap it and start over but eh, that's a tomorrow problem. I'm going to stop my rant and go on with it. Adios~

Shadow POV
'Ugh, I'm sick and tired of scenarios like this, my 911 calls are more than the recommended. I multitask as I dail to the police and begin my chase on that rat. The criminal is fast, I'll give them that. I can't even distinguish their features. I take a hasty grunt as I take into account that whoever this is, actually has a chance to get away with this. While the prosecution is taking place, I notice that the thief is slowing down. I creep closer and realize that they are heavily breathing. "What?" They thief falls back, knocking down my phone and interrupting my chat with the police. I act quick and catch them before they hit the ground. My mind is racing, 'What is happening?' I take a closer look at the suspect. I freeze. For a split second, time stopped. I take a moment to process what is happening, but can't. This person has starstruck me. I can't stop looking at her (bruh) face. She's so-- perfect. Long blue quills cascading down to her shoulders, a slim petit structure that makes every man standing near her look like a hero, her hero. But, something's seems off. She's pale, skin white as snow, and her breathing is unsteady. Is she dying? Without my better judgement, I take my coat off and wrap it around her and then ever so carefully pick her up, leading her into one of the many guestrooms as I picked the home phone and dial my personal doctor. I watch her over as I patiently wait for help. I check and do what I can, and noticing she has a small fever. I go to the kitchen and grab a warm rag, with my concerns on this stranger above everything. I quickly arrive and place the rag on her forehead and gave her a quick peck on the cheek, 'Why is my attention to you feel so beautiful?'' I cover her up with the warmest blanket and decide to give her some privacy. I go outside as I check if the medic arrived. Nothing, not that I have any motives to think otherwise, it's only been 5 minutes. I don't understand why I'm so anxious. I just need her to be okay. I try to clear these thoughts up as I wait. I decide to check up on my son, which I rarely do now since he's growing up to be a rather, per say 'active-boy'. Always jacking off. I guess it's better than doing drugs so I don't give him a hard time about it. I cautiously knock on the door, to avoid any awkward situations. Learn that one the hard way.

~Flashback~
"Silver, hurry up you'll be late for dinner with the Thorndike's!", I yell out. God dammit, always taking his sweet time. No response. I rushed to his room and demand an explanation, his lack of attention will not be tolerated. I swung open the door and froze. I see him, at the edge of his bed, with a self-arousing website (it's full of gays, if you're wondering), headphones on full-blast, doing that. I never expected to witness something so.. personal from my own flesh and blood. I realized that I've been standing there for the last 5 minutes. I'm in full shock, my mind is in a different zone. I have to do something, but can't. I can't process this, nobody should!! He finishes off, ejaculating all over the monitor. He cleans up, and notices me, awestruck, pale, and confused. He panics, as he scrambles to hide the evidence of his 'heated' moment. "Sup, dad?", he stammered nervously. I didn't respond. I turned around and left, closing the door behind me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We never discussed the topic after.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And we never went to the dinner with the Thorndike's.

~End of flashback~
Shadow's POV
I shudder at the memory as the door opens, revealing an albino hedgehog eating up a bag of potato chips. "Hey", he casually says, "What's with the visit?" "I just wanted to check up on you, I'm rather stressed..", I honestly state. "Aww it's alright dad, I'm just chilling, playing final fantasy 14, wanna play?" I politely decline his offer, I shouldn't be fooling around, I need to stay focused. We say our goodbyes as he goes back to playing his game. I close the door on my way out an hear the doorbell, finally! I rushed to the door and greet a golden fox with dark blue eyes. "Thank god you're here, I need help fast!" "Well I-" I cut him off as I grab a hold of his arm and pull him up to the guest room. "Cure her, please I don't know what's wrong!", I exclaim out of a panic fit. "Woah woah, slow down.", Miles comments, "let me take a look and examine her." I let him do his job. He places a breathing mask on her as he checks her. He write a series of blobbery gibberish in his note pad. He pauses and gives me a monotone expression as he says the following: "This patient presents the symptoms of a serious heart condition, she needs proper medication, and by the looks of it, she's been lacking it in her immune system for quite some time now.", he rubs his temples as he looks frantically in his bag. My heart sinks. 'She's in danger. She will be in danger for the rest of her life.' Miles gasps and exclaims, "No worries I got your solution!" He states as he raises a small bottle of pills in the air. My energy boosts up and graciously state, "Thank god! How did you even have that?" He gives me a smug look and slurs, "A doctor is always prepared, bitch." I laugh and smile in content. Everything is going perfectly. 'Ring' My peace is interrupted once again. 'What now?' I groan as I make my way to the origin of the sound. I make it to the door a carelessly open it.
.
.
.
"National Zone Cops you've requested our assistance, state your problem."
.
.
.
.
'Mother fucker.'