Chapter 8

I get to work and I got to say, for a house that looks so neat and perfect, there is their fair share of messes and garbage. Mrs. Doom really does put all the work in the hands of Vanilla, such a shame. Vanilla is becoming an elder and isn't given a break. Its a good thing I'm here, she really needs the extra help. I basically did all of her work, but I didn't mind. I'm used to cleaning up for myself and for others while I'm at home. We work nonstop and by the time we were finished, I hear the sound of the front door spring wide open, and I gracefully hide so I wouldn't be noticed. I didn't know whether it was Mrs. Doom's husband or not, but I didn't want to risk my job just because I didn't follow Mrs. Doom's simple orders. I notice two men walk into the house, one with a dark jacket and a hoodie covering his face, ripped lose pants, and a brown backpack. 'Must be in high school', I thought, 'Just where I should be..' I look down, but suddenly look back up due to a deep and silky voice. In came form the other man, he wore a suit and was carrying a briefcase, he displayed an elegant and sophisticated vibe. 'He is very handsome', I thought as my cheeks blush red. I suddenly hear harsh footsteps coming down the stairs, and see an enraged Mrs. Doom. "Why the hell are you here so damn late? Why didn't I get a phone call? And Silver, take that stupid jacket off and start acting proper!" 'Silver...?', I gulped. 'No no it can't be..' I look up once again and noticed the young man take off his jacket and confirm my suspicions. 'Its is..', I thought as I continue to witness a dramatic moment in the family. The formal hedgehog exclaims, "First of all, don't get all bitchy before knowing anything you psychotic bitch! And second of all don't intrude or nag about things you really don't care about, such as me and my son.", he then embraces his son 'Silver' with a small hug which Silver immediately accepts. 'Man, is this woman really that insane? What did she do so bad to have her own husband reproach her? Why is her son against her too?' I hear Mrs. Doom choke up and sob. She states, "I'm your wife, of course I care, please Shadow." He rolls his eyes at the sight of his 'beloved wife' and states, "Not this bullshit again. You always do this. You always make yourself the victim and act like you care, when in reality, you're just a hypocrite. We all know this, who are you trying to fool? You only care about yourself." Mrs. Doom turned pale, and rushed back into her room. 'Wow, this guy is intense.', I thought as I continue to listen to the rest of the conversation. The father and son talk about work and school, forgetting completely about the intense scene that happened literally seconds ago. I then hear a chirpy, sweet voice, Vanilla's. She greets the pair and whispers something into Mr. Doom's ear, giving Silver the hint that they need to talk, so he leaves to what I assume is his room. They exchange a few words, then Vanilla exclaims, "Sonic, sweetie, come out! The head of the house wants to meet you!" I freeze as panic rushes through my veins, 'what do I do? I was told not to, but he's in charge..but she is cold hearted, she could play the same trick she did to my sister and put it on me!' So many thoughts raced through my head, so in a state of utter confusion, I run, knocking down a fair share of expensive looking stuff, 'Way to make a first impression.' I mocked myself.

Shadow (Mr. Doom's POV)
I hear a sudden crash and turn around, only to notice a figure running away. 'A thief.', I thought as I run after it. I hear Vanilla's voice telling me to stop, but I refuse to let someone take what I worked so hard for.

Sonic POV
'He's after me!' I'm scared. I feel my heart burn. My heart can take situations like this, especially without my medication. I slow down, feeling myself a bit queasy and lightheaded. I try to make it to my room. When I was about to turn the knob to enter, I feel a pair of arms wrapped around my chest, doubling my pain. I hear murmurs as my vision blurred, feeling as if I'm drifting away.