Chapter 7

"Well... This is awkward..."
.
.
.
I stare at the dress for what felt like hours until I heard a knock at the door. "Sonic?" It was Vanilla's voice, "Honey, are you alright? You've been in there for quite some time now." "I'm fine Ms., just a little confused, that's all." "May I come in?" "Um..sure, I guess.." I hear the door creak open, and see Vanilla's soft smile. 'I'm more comfortable when she's around me, she makes me feel...protected..' "What's the problem?", she questions. My cheeks blush a bright red and I uncomfortably point at the outfit placed on the bed. "Oh.", she simply states, "It's not so bad honey, it'll only be worn around us." "Yeah but I don't know who is this "us".", I defensively state. "Hmm...", she thought. "What will I do Ms..? I really need the job, but I also have dignity! I don't want to seem selfish or rude, but I don't want to wear this! It looks like something a stripper would wear...", I whimper. She looks at me softly, caresses my cheeks, and says, "You're over thinking this sweetie, no one will disrespect you, this is the home of one of the most sophisticated families in the country, the have a sense of morality and respect." "That's not what Sonia said..", I mutter through my teeth. "Excuse me?", she asks. "Nothing.", I say, "I guess I'll go put this on." "I'll leave you to it.", she smiled and walked out, leaving me with my thoughts once again. "I guess there's no use stopping the inevitable." I strip down of my fairly decent clothes. I grabbed the "decent" dress. I slowly put it on, I didn't want to damage something that was just temporary. I head to a mirror and look at myself. The dress is very flattering towards my body, I definitely didn't grow to be a "muscular" type of guy. I would always be confused as a girl in class, I wouldn't be offended by it, on the contrary, I'm quite use to it and even accept it. I'm a lightweight, with a frame of 4'11 with a curvy body. I have long blue quills and bangs that would cover my face from time to time to hide from others. The would often tease me because of my body, and would call me 'uke' or 'toy'. I really don't go around telling others about my sexuality and don't appreciate others doing so for me. It brings up unwanted attention, and attracts perverts like Silver... I shudder at the thought of him and decide to set my mind on other things. I look down at the mess of clothes on the floor and decide to fix that up. While doing so, my phone falls out of my pocket from my jacket. I quickly pick it up and noticed 20+ missed calls, all from Sonia. 'Oh no', I thought to myself as I return the lost call. *Ring* *Ring* "Sonic?? Where have you been?? I just got a call from school, telling me you weren't there, what happened? Why aren't you at school, are you alright?" "Hey Sonia relax, I'm fine, just.." *sigh* 'tell her now before things blow out of proportion.' "I went to go look for a job, and I found one! Isn't that great?" "A job? No Sonic, get out of there immediately your place is at school, learning to become a successful person in the future." "Listen Sonia,", I hesitantly say, "If I don't have a job, I won't have a future." "Sonic what do you mean?" "SONIC!", I heard a bloodcurdling screech. "What was that?", Sonia asks. "I'll talk to you later and tell you all about it, but right now, I have to get to work, goodbye and don't expect me at hone tonight!" "Wait Sonic---" I hanged up on her and headed immediately to the sound of the screech.
I felt a little lightheaded with all the sudden emotions and events that have happened in the last 24 hrs. 'Looks like the lack of medication is taking a toll on me..' I clench my chest and enter the room where the sound originated from. "Mrs. Doom?", I shyly question. She gives me the slightest amount of attention, then quickly mumbles something under her breath. She replies, "Well shouldn't you be working? I gave you a fair amount of time to get ready." "Yes Mrs. Doom, I'm just getting yse to the environment, that's all." "Very well, I'll let you off to your duties, and one more thing...", she scans my appearance, and finishes her statement by saying, "Make sure you immediately go to your designated room as soon as my husband comes home, I need to have a chat with him before I introduce you, sounds okay?" "Um..okay.", I stutter. 'Didn't she want me to be working? With or without him in the room? That's rather weird...then again, this is Ms. Rose we're talking about here...' "I'll head out now, I believe Ms. Vanilla will be in charge of me, right?" "Correct. Well bye bye now, Sonic." I quickly left, not glancing back at the envied and jealous dear 'Mrs. Doom'.
I arrived downstairs and notice Vanilla. She tells me the basics and the rules of the home, but there was one in particular that caught my attention the most, it being, "All employees caught lying or abusing the trust given to them will be disposed of." That's rather odd. Did she meant like, "firing"? She has to, otherwise, I just added myself on to a real-life horror story.