thirteen

Minho stepped up to the boy who lay bloodied.
He groaned. He quickly strode to his side and drew him up.
"... Thanks," Minho glared at him,
giving him a reminder that things would never be the same.
It's all tainted now.

"Don't be," Minho said, his voice cold and stern.
"I would've beaten you up too."
Brenda and Minho grabbed his arms and dragged him to his feet. "
Ow," Newt groaned. "Thomas can bloody pack a punch, can't he?"

"Shut up," Brenda glowered. "Don't talk to any of us."
They reached a wooden door, opened it, and threw him in.
"I'm here to help you save Teresa," Newt said frantically. "I'm here to help."

Brenda's eyes gleamed. "Do you know where she is?"

"No."

"Do you know how to find out?"

"No..."

"Do you know anything?!"

"...No."

Brenda stared at him, "I'm sure Thomas will have enough questions for you when he comes back, I'll do my best to keep him from murdering you."

"Gee, thanks,"

"It's not for you," Brenda snapped.
"None of this is for you. It's - it's for Thomas, and Teresa." She felt a surge of emotion refused to reveal.
"She wouldn't want him to become a murderer."

Minho finished. "Not for you."

_____________________________

There was a time she could remember, when she feared the darkness.
The colorless darkness that filled her eyes,
That blinded her,
Until she could not escape it.
Until she could not breathe.

She feared that it would drip between her open lips, and darken her spirit, blacken her heart. Yes, once upon a time, she had been afraid of the darkness. Seen dark monsters swarm in the darkness. Cried alone, in tears, in darkness.

But her life was twisted. Now she feared the light. In the darkness, she closed her eyes, hugged herself, and raggedly sighed the whispered secrets of her love. It covered her with a thick armor of black steel. And she was safe. Somehow, someway, she was safe.

And it was in the light that everything bad happened ... Click. Like a trigger pulled, with the barrel stretched tight across her temple.
It killed her, the bullet shattering through her armor, her trusted, so strong- reduced to tissue paper, wet against cold skin.

It wasn't really a bullet. It was a light switch. But wasn't it so hilarious how she just couldn't tell the difference? Hahahaha!

It never changed, the darkness, the silence, the emptiness in her heart,
it never changed. That's what drove her crazy in the end. She would scream, yet she couldn't hear herself. She would cry, but tears would never cross her cheeks. So was she really screaming?

Years later, a light finally turns on, a grey strip of pale light - as fiery as the sun, in her blue eyes, so accustomed to darkness. She thought she died, tat the stars of the heavens had leaned down from their celestial thrones, and wrapped their fingers of light around her arms, to pull her from the tormenting solitude of darkness. To pull her into the warm embrace of death she yearned for.

But the stars had not moved toward her to pull her into death. The light turned back on, to bring her back to life.

There. The only way she could escape, was through the rectangular opening in the ceiling. The arch of shimmering light fell narrowly across her eyes. Her limbs were heavy, she made a small sound of pain, and the silence shifted.