The Great Tomb

The darkness was suspicious. Every sound was a tense moment and everyone was on their guard.

Gimli was very depressed and stayed a good distance behind the group, as did Legolas, who did his very best to comfort his friend.

Lessien smiled at his kindness, and walked beside her father, tuning out some of the conversation behind her. "Is Arwen still on your mind?"

Aragorn didn't reply.

Perhaps this was a controversial subject between them.

Lessien did not continue to push, and left her father to his thoughts, bringing her to her own.

Darkness had never been a problem for most of the members of the Fellowship. Most, in fact, loved the soothing dark. The feeling was connected to nights when they could stop and rest after a long day's travel.

But this darkness was different.

This darkness was dense, unbreakable, evil, and looming.

Nothing could slice through it besides Gandalf's staff. That even only provided a dim light. Slowly the darkness ate at their minds.

Everyone was tense, even with one another, Boromir was very upset with how his idea had been crushed, and Legolas felt deeply disturbed.

Everyone could feel the darkness, some more than others, and some in different ways.

Legolas' eyes were fleeting, and Gandalf looked troubled, or was that fear in his eyes?

Lessien felt it too. Something dark and menacing was watching them, waiting to attack. A sickness filled the land, and everything felt wrong.

Lessien, wanting to escape it all, stepped into her Dreamworld.

The most powerful darkness overcame her as she entered her daydream.

It was a mistake.

Lessien fought to get out of it, the darkness, but she was stuck. She was stuck in her Dreamworld, but it was pitch black. She could not see.

Clawing at the gloom in vain, suddenly a magnificent and terrible creature appeared. It was a tall, troll-like demon with a weapon of fire and as it roared all the wickedness in the world filled the Darkness, impossibly making it more menacing.

The demon yielded his weapon of fire, the whip of Flame, hitting Lessien on the arm.

As the weapon met her skin an image of a fiery, lidless Eye filled with hate, corrupting her dark Dreamworld.

Lessien felt as the Evil released her and she escaped her suddenly deadly Dreamworld as she opened her eyes. 

She fell back, screaming a blood-curdling scream.

Aragorn was beside her in a moment, asking what was wrong, but Lessien's mouth was filled with gasps.

Legolas crouched beside her as well, concern apparent in his eyes.

Sam joined him.

Her back was against a cool stone, and her eyes looked sad and scared. She looked as if she knew not whether to cry or scream again.

Gandalf pushed Sam and Aragorn beside.

"Move, move out of the way!" The old wizard clutched at Lessien's wrists, "What did you see? Tell me what you saw!" he yelled.

It took a few moments of Lessien's gasps and chokes but finally she managed to get out, "A great and powerful eye."

Gandalf looked at her sharply and all the grief in the world filled his eyes before he worriedly he let go of her wrists. "We must get out of here, as soon as possible. Let us move forward!" He declared.