Chapter 3

(Your POV)

Yellow Flicker: Chapter 3

I unwrap my gloves, setting them down on the table. I just got back from the gym that's in the hotel. It's early in the morning, so nobody else is awake.

I walk into the restroom, careful not to wake Demi up. I turn the light own and stare into the mirror. My reflection stares right back at me, sweat drenching my forehead.

I couldn't sleep because of another nightmare. I'm surprised I didn't wake Demi up, because I did a lot of thrashing around. In fact, my comforter is on the ground.

One question runs through my mind; why are the nightmares back?

I shake my head, grabbing a towel and wiping my sweat off. I take a quick shower, washing my body and hair before getting out.

I look at the time, 5:45.

I exit the restroom. I get dressed in black skinny jeans, a black v-neck shirt and vans. I grab a holster, putting it under my shirt and then putting the gun in it. I grab my knife, putting it in my shoe.

I exit the room with a sigh.

~~~

I walked around town for a little bit, just to clear my head. I'm now back in the hotel lobby, getting on the elevator.

I walk down the hallway once the elevator opens. I enter my room to see everybody now looking at me.

"Where were you?" Demi questions with a worried look on her face.

"Uh, at the park." I mumble, walking further into the room.

"For four hours?" Ally questions. I look at the clock, 9:32.

I frown, "Oh. I didn't know I took that long." Truth be told, I did know. I took my time, not caring about anything. I needed to clear my head, or else the memories and flashbacks would get to me.

"What do you ladies want to do today?" Harry asks. I walk over to my bed, sitting down.

"Uh-oh! There's a carnival in town today! Can we go?" Camila begs. 

"Alright."

~~~

I stand to the side as I watch the girls look at the lights in amazement. We walk inside, me behind the girls as the others walk in front of them. Some fans notice them, but decide not to go up and bug them, which I'm grateful for.

"Ooh! Look at-oh my god! It's so magical!" Camila squeals, jumping up and down next to Dinah.

"Calm the 'eff down!" Dinah exclaims, setting her hands down on Camila's shoulders. Camila grins and stops bouncing.

"Let's goo!" And before we know it, Camila and Dinah are off with Harry following them. Normani and Ally go off with Demi and Bea following them, leaving Lauren and I.

I turn to Lauren, "Where to first, Lauren?" Lauren smiles and looks around, her eyes landing on the Farris Wheel.

"That!" She exclaims, grabbing my hand and pulling me along. I stare at our hands, but don't pull away. We wait at the back of the line, and before we know it, it's our turn.

I let Lauren get on the inside, then me after her. Lauren brightly smiles as we reach the top.

"Look," She says. "At the sunset." I look where she's looking. The sun is at the horizon, the sky a mixture of pink and orange.

"Yeah." I quietly say, starring at it. I sigh, then looking away to the ground. When I was younger, my sister and I had a secret place when we wanted to get away from everyone. And at that secret place, we could see the sunset. We'd tell each other our crushes and stuff. That's how I came out to her. At our place, she was the first one to know - and she accepted me. Our parents, did not accept me.

"Hey, you okay? The ride is over now." Lauren softly asks me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I tense up and remove her hand, then getting out of the cart. Lauren frowns, but gets out next to me.

~~~

For the rest of the day, I stayed with Lauren, walking around. She asked me questions, but I only answered a few. I got to know a lot more about her. I got to know the real Lauren Jauregui, not the one on interviews or anything.

We're all at Chili's right now, getting ready to order. Camila was hungry.

I'm looking at my menu when the waitress comes over.

"Hello! My name is - Y/N?" My head snaps up and my eyes widen.

"S-Stacey?" My mouth goes dry. "What are you - what?"

She sighs and puts her head down, "My acting career got cut short. And mom and dad wouldn't take me back in."

"Wait - she's your sister?" Lauren asks. At the mention of my sister, Demi's head snaps up.

"..Why are you with Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, Bea Miller and Harry Styles?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"In their bodyguard," I easily lie. "No biggie." Stacey nods, looking down at the ground then me.

"Can we uh, can we talk sometime soon?" She hesitantly asks. I look at Demi for approval, which she nods too.

"Yeah," I mumble. "Here's my number. Call me whenever." I write down my number on a napkin then hand it too her. She smiles and takes it; then taking our order. She then walks away.

"A sister?" Dinah asks. I nod, looking down at the table. "Do you have any other siblings?"

"Do you?" I ask. She smiles and nods.

"Don't change the subject," Lauren says. "That's how you avoid it, you ask questions. But we always answer it, now it's your turn to answer our questions."

I shrug my shoulders, taking a sip from my water. Honestly, I don't have to answer their questions. I can just stay quiet.

"Where are your parents?" Lauren is the first to ask. I notice Stacey listening in our conversation, but I choose to ignore it.

"Yeah, how did Demi find you?" Ally asks.

I sigh, "Don't bother asking me questions, because I won't answer them unless I want too."

I'm a mystery, and I plan on staying this way.