Chapter 17

Your POV

Yellow Flicker: Chapter 17

"Alright, so what school does he go to?" Lauren asks.

"Liberty High. His name is Evan." I say, looking through the article again.

"And why are we looking for him?"

"One, he might be with Sharron. Two, he's my brother. I want to meet him." I say, locking my phone.

"Better be worth it, Y/N."

~~~

It took about three hours to get to the school. In those three hours, we ate, peed, talk and listen to music. I got to learn more about Lauren, and surprisingly I opened up to her.

I told her about all the fun things I used to do as a kid. I told her about my life before I got kicked out. Sure, there were sad moments, but there were also happy moments.

Also, in between those hours, she kept apologizing. It got annoying.

"What time is it?" I ask her, looking at the school. So far, nobody has called us.

"Uh, 7:28." She says.

"They start school around 7:30, at least that's what the website said." She nods. I get out of the car, so does Lauren.

"What does he look like?" She asks.

"No clue," I say, walking inside the school.

"Then how are we going to find him?" She asks, dumbfounded. I don't answer and walk inside the office.

"Hi, yes. I'm Y/N L/N, does Evan L/N go here?" I ask, leaning on the desk.

"Yes. What could I do for you?" The lady asks.

"Yeah. What's his locker number?"

~~~

Lauren and I stand by Evan's locker. We've gotten weird stares, maybe it's because Lauren is famous.

"Excuse me ladies," A voice says. "But your in front of my locker." I turn around to see a boy with the same eye color as me and short brown hair. He's wearing black skinny jeans, a blue v-neck shirt and blue vans.

"Yeah, I know. Evan?" He nods. "Evan, I'm getting straight to the point. I'm Y/N L/N." He stiffens.

"M-My sister?" He stammers. I nod. His face then turns to an anger expression. He raises his fist and goes to punch me, but I catch his face.

"Calm down, Evan. I know you're angry, but I can explain." I calmly speak, his fist still in my embrace. I notice people starring at us.

"Alright," He mummers, dropping his fist. "Explain."

~~~

"No," He shakes his head. "I'm not in contact with mom. She left me, along with dad." I nod. I told him everything. From start to beginning. Even the agency.

"Do you forgive me?" I ask.

"I was never mad at you."

"Then why'd you go for a punch?" I ask, tilting my head.

"I was angry.." He admits. I nod, understanding. "Why is Lauren Jauregui of Fifth Harmony with us?" He looks at her.

"She's making up for something." I say.

"Or is she your girlfriend?" Evan smirks while Lauren blushes.

"Something like that." Lauren blushes even more.

~~~

Evan decided to come with us. I know Demi is going to be pissed, but so what? The car phone then rings. I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Damn it, Y/N! I told you not to go! And Lauren is with you? What the hell!"

"Yeah," I say. "I got Evan and Lauren is fine. You're on speaker, by the way. And we're almost home."

~~~

Demi's been yelling at me. I've been ignoring her. That's where I am now. I'm on the couch, ignoring her lecture. We got here about an hour ago. Bea volunteered to show Evan around.

"Please stop yelling." I groan, rubbing my temples. "We're safe, that's all that matters, okay?" Demi sighs, shoots me a glare and walks out of the room. "Thank heavens."

"You and your brother literally wear the same thing." Bea says. "Skinny jeans, a v-neck and vans." I shrug.

"Where's Styles?" I ask.

"On a date," She smirks. "With Camila."

"Called it." I mummer to myself.

~~~

"How was your date?" I ask Harry as he sits next to me.

He grins, "It was awesome. She's an amazing girl, you know?" I shrug. "Where's your brother?"

"Here I am!" Evan comes in. "I'm Evan!" Harry looks him up and down.

"He looks like you, same eyes and dressing style." Harry comments. Evan smiles and sits next to me.

"You know whose cute? Bea's cute." Evan smiles.

"She has a boyfriend. His name is Jacob." I point out.

"Oh," He frowns. "Oh well! I can still make her mine."

"Good luck, mate." Harry chuckles. "Now, what about you and Lauren?"

I shrug, "What about it?"

"You like her, right?" Evan questions.

"No," I shake my head. "I love her. It's just, I don't want her to hurt me again." I also told Evan about how Lauren hurt me.

"But nobody else is in the way! Just go for it!" Evan exclaims.

"Yeah," Harry agrees. "If you love her, then go for it. If she makes you happy, then go for it. Honestly, when you and her were together, that was the happiest I've seen you in along time."

Harry and Evan are right. If I love her, then go for it. Nothing can go wrong, right?

"Alright." I mumble, getting up. I walk upstairs and go to her room. I stand in front of her door and hesitantly walk in.

Lauren looks up from her phone, a confused look on her face. I stand in her doorway. I walk towards her and sit on her bed. No words are said as we stare at each other.

I bite my lip before leaning in and pressing my lips on hers. Lauren smiles into the kiss and kisses me back. I hear her phone drop to the floor, but neither of us break the kiss to pick it back up.

I bring my hands to cup her face. Once I run out of breath, I break the kiss and rest my forehead against her head.

"What does this mean?" Lauren whispers, looking into my eyes.

"It means," I breath out. "I want you to be mine again."

"I'm yours." She nods. "Yeah. I'm yours."