Chapter 4

(Your POV)

Yellow Flicker: Chapter 4

The next morning, I wake up with a yawn. For once, I didn't have a nightmare. Which is a good thing, seeing as I needed some sleep.

I get out of bed and look over at Demi to see her still asleep. I swear, that girl could sleep through anything. It's hard to believe she'd wake up if their was an emergency, but she does.

I throw on some worn out jeans, a plain t-shirt and sneakers. It's not much, but it'll due. Plus, I'm not rich and this is probably one of my fanciest outfits. I attach my holster with the gun in it and then my knife in my shoe.

I walk out of the room, only to bump into someone. I look up to see Lauren.

"What are you doing up so early?" I ask, standing up straighter.

She shrugs, "I couldn't sleep." I nod, starring at her as she looks down at her shoes.

I decide to break the quiet by speaking up, "Why?"

Lauren furrows her eyebrows and looks up at me.

"Why do you care?" She shoots back. I sigh and began walking, motioning her to follow me, which she does.

"It's my job to protect you, Lauren. So, is something bothering you?" I ask again as we turn a corner. She looks hurt. "Also, it's because I care about you. Why? I don't know, I just do, Lauren. And if this is about me not answering your questions, I'm sorry. I'm sorry because I don't want to drag you into my life."

Lauren stops as we reach the exit to the hotel. Barely anybody is in the lobby, only an elderly couple and the check in person. She turns to me and looks at me.

"Why? Why don't you want to? What's so bad about your life?"

I sigh, "Lauren, I'm an Agent, a lot of bad things are in my life." I respond, my eyes on hers. Her emerald eyes show confusion.

"Like what?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Like, I travel a lot - and so do you. But, what happens when something happens to me? Supposedly I get shot or stabbed, I don't want you to cry about me, Lauren."

"But," She takes a step closer to me. "What if it doesn't? Demi, Bea and Harry said it themselves, you're the best Agent."

I frown, "Even the greatest Agent's make mistakes. One slip up, and bam, I could be dead or in a coma." Before Lauren can respond, something catches my eye. A gun, in a holster - that's attached to a person in a grey hoodie with his hood up.

"B-"

"Sh," I say. "Stay quiet and behind me." Lauren slowly nods and gets behind me. The person's hand reaches for the gun and pulls it out. "Get behind the counter." She nods and gets down, crawling over to the counter. The guy at the counter looks confused, but Lauren ignores him.

The person pulls the gun out and shoots it in the air, it hitting the first floor.

"Everybody get down!" It's a British voice. "NOW!" He shoots it again and the man at the desk gets down. The guy looks at me and pulls his hoodie off.

"Malik." I mumble, looking at him. "You're the mole."

A mischievous smirk forms on his face as he cocks the gun at me.

"The gun, now." He demands. I nod, slowly complying as I drop the gun and kick it over to him. He bends down, eyes on me as he grabs the gun. "Hands up." I sigh, putting my hands up. "Where's the girl?"

I scoff, "Which one?"

"Lauren. I know she's with you, where is she?"

"What makes you think I'd tell you?"

He scowls, "Or I'll shoot you."

"Go ahead." I challenge.

He smirks and aims the gun at me. But, before he shoots, Lauren comes out.

"Wait! I'm-I'm right here!" She shouts, stopping Zayn before he shoots me.

"God damn it, Lauren." I mutter under my breath. Zayn motions Lauren to come over, which she slowly does. Now that his attention is on Lauren, I can take my chance.

Zayn is - was, a good Agent. He just had one problem; he forgets about the other person. I quickly grab my knife from my shoe. I then run and tackle him to the ground, the gun sliding across the floor. He grunts and tries to push me off of him, but I take my right hand and punch him in the jaw.

I straddle his waist as Lauren gets her phone out and dials a number. I lift my knife up and charge it down, but Zayn grabs my arms, stopping it. He flips us over and grabs the knife, him now straddling me.

Before he can do anything, I push him off of me and grab the knife again. He grabs my hands and pushes the knife to the left, it then flying out of my hand toward the desk. We look at each other before us scrambling up.

The gun is at the elevator while the knife is at the desk. Zayn is already running toward the gun, so I go for the knife and grab it. My breathing is heavy as he aims the gun at me again, his back toward the elevator.

"This is where it ends," He smirks. "I've always hated you, L/N. Always Mrs. Perfect. Always the favorite. Well, guess what? Not any-" A gun shot goes off and he drops onto his knees. I look pass him to see Bea with a gun in her hand, aiming it at Zayn.

"That douche can go to hell." Bea comments as she puts her gun in her holster. I put my knife in my shoe again and look around. I see Lauren curled up in a ball, her knees pushed up to her chest as she sits on the floor.

"Thanks," I tell Bea. I need to get out of here. "I need to get out of here."

"What abo-"

"You take care of her, alright? I need to go for a walk." I mutter. Bea nods and walks over to Lauren.

I sigh and take one last glance at Lauren before walking out of the hotel. Our squad cars pull up and go inside, I'm guessing to clean up the mess.