Chapter Eight.

You pulled away from Nick and cleared your throat, looking at the band. "Hey." You had a small smile on your face.

"Hi." Ross replied, smiling.

You said goodbye to Nick and got into the car.

"(y/n)~! How were things with Nick?" Rydel asked, winking.

You shrugged, "Good."

By the way, he's my boyfriend now. But, I don't want things to be awkward when we hang out because I have one. So, I won't mention that part.

"Just good?" Rocky asked, smiling.

You nodded, smiling also. "Yeah. Just good. We had a lot of catching up to do."

And forming relationships. But, you know, the usual.

"Well, it's certainly nice to tour with one of our fans-slash-friends." Riker smiled.

You grinned. "It's nice to tour with a band-slash-friends." You earned a laugh from everyone.

Your phone lit up as you received a text from Rydel:

Are you honestly just friends with Nick? If you say "yes," I'll believe you.

You bit your lip as you sent:

Well. . He asked me out. I felt like I had to say "yes." He's my best friend. I couldn't just reject him. Plus, he's been there.

She replied:

You didn't HAVE to say "yes." But, I understand where you're coming from. I won't tell the boys. Things would be awkward with you all "because you have a boyfriend."

You typed:

Thank you. You're the best.

Her:

You know it! ;)

You giggled and texted:

Haha.

You received a text from Nick:

Hey. <3

You replied:

Hi. <3

He sent:

How are you?

You texted:

I'm fine, how are you?

He sent:

I'm good. Hey, I didn't want to make you think you had to go out with me.

You bit your lip again and typed:

No, you didn't. I want to.

He replied:

Oh, good. Do you want to hang out tomorrow?

You sent:

Is the day after okay? I think I'll be doing something tomorrow.

He texted:

Yeah, of course. :)

You replied:

I have to go. Byee.

Nick:

Bye.

You sighed and put in your earbuds before selecting Do It Again by R5. You listened to the music, tapping your index finger on your leg to the beat. You glanced to the right to see Ross' mouth moving as he looked at you. You took out one earbud.