Chapter Twenty.

"Wh-What do you mean I'm not allowed to date him?" You asked, your eyes full of fear and shock.

"(y/n). . I know how surprising this is. . I was even surprised. There was one other way. Was. But, not anymore. If you kept it secret, it might have worked." Stella said. An idea popped into your head.

"Stella, what if we had a fake fight and tweeted breakup stuff to make it seem like we're over?" You asked.

"Not a bad idea. This could work." She smiled. "What should the breakup be about?"

"Um. Well, something that can't ruin Ross' reputation." You started. "How about. . It feels awkward being more than friends. .?"

"Sure." She shrugged. "Just do it in public so the paparazzi can tweet it."

--

You had changed into a regular black shirt, black skinny jeans, and black combat boots. [See photo] You put on eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.

Ross wore a white tank top, shorts, and yellow converse. You were both walking around the city as paparazzi came towards you both.

"Guys, please not right now." You said, 'furious.'

"Is something wrong, (y/n)?" Ross asked, 'concerned.'

You sighed. "No, it's just. . Maybe we shouldn't date." Hearing those four words, more paparazzi came.

"Wh-Why not?" Ross face fell.

"I-I just. ." You pretended to blink tears away. "I don't know. . It's all awkward now." You made your voice crack.

"(y/n), babe. What's wrong?" Ross asked in a serious voice.

"Us." You pretended to blink more tears away. "Have you noticed we've been acting more awkwardly?" He nodded before you continued, "See? We can't be in a relationship."

"(y/n), I don't want to stop being friends." Ross sighed.

"Then we won't." You replied, hugging him. "Maybe when the time is right, we can date."

He returned the hug and kissed your forehead. "Yeah."

--

You sent out a tweet:

Maybe when the time is right we will be together. But, not now.

You texted Ross:

Did it work?

Ross sent a screenshot showing that "#(ship name with Ross)IsSinking" was trending.

You smiled slightly and replied:

I'm glad it wasn't real, though.

He responded:

Yeah. I wouldn't be able to manage.

You smiled and typed:

Me either.

You sent after that:

I just wish we didn't have to keep it from the fans.

Ross sent:

I'll be right back.

You replied:

Okay, take your time.

-Ross' POV-

I decided that it wasn't right to keep this from the fans. I got into my car and drove to the management area. The ones who were above Stella. I entered the building.

"Name?" A woman at the front desk asked.

"Ross Lynch." I answered. She typed on the computer.

"Okay, please follow me." She smiled and got up before walking down a hallway. I followed her. Once she stopped in front of a door, she said to go inside. I thanked her and did so.

"Ross, hello." A woman smiled.

"Hello, Mrs. Kents." I replied. [Sorry if that's your last name]

"So, what did you want to talk about?" A man, Mr. S, asked.

"Um. ." I began. "Well, I heard (y/n) and I could not date because she's a fan."

"Yes." Mrs. Kents nodded.

"But, shouldn't we be happy? Our fans probably won't be happy if we're not happy. With all due respect." I argued politely.

"As true as that is, Mr. Lynch," Mr. S began, "It is not allowed. Fans go crazy. They fangirl, scream, mob you at airports. ."

"(y/n) doesn't do that. One time that happened at an airport, but (y/n) actually tried to let them give us some space." I pointed out.

"Ross. I understand that this is unfair. So, I will remove the rule." Mrs. Kents said.

"What?!" Everyone else stared at her, stunned.

"It was a stupid rule anyway." She shrugged.

"I agree." A woman nodded. "It's not right that we can be happy but other people can't because of the rule."

"Congratulations, Mr. Lynch. Everyone is allowed to date a fan. Thank you." Mrs. Kents smiled.

-Normal POV-

Someone knocked on the door of the hotel room. You opened it and saw Ross and the boys. You motioned for them to come in. They did so before you closed the door.

"I have some good news." Ross smiled.
"What?" You asked, curious.

"Anyone can now date a fan! They said it was a stupid rule anyway." He beamed.

You hugged him, smiling. "Thank you."

"No problem." He grinned.

You both tweeted that you got back together:

@RossR5 and I got back together. I'm sorry I ruined the ship. I tried being just friends, but I missed 'us.' #(ship name with Ross)IsSailing

Ross tweeted:

@(y/t/n) and I are back together. My life was incomplete when we broke up. I'm just glad we're back together. #(ship name with Ross)IsSailing

----------------------------

There's five chapters left. Maybe a bit more. I don't know yet. Should I make it a bit more than five? Or just five?

Please answer the question.