eleven.

I looked at my phone after some time on the dance floor and downing quite a lot of alcohol. It was a cycle of dancing, resting, drinking, repeating, etc. To my surprise, it was already 1:45 a.m.

I looked down at the curly haired boy lying with his head in my lap. I had been running my fingers through his hair for the last fifteen minutes, and within seconds he was asleep in the booth. How he slept through the heavy electronic music, I will never know.

I leaned over and kissed his forehead. "Harry, honey, I think it's time we go home now."

He stirred and moaned, grabbing onto my waist and burying his head into my stomach.

"No." He pouted. "You can't make me."

"Yes I can. You're going to be too tired tomorrow, let's go." I said, getting up and thus forcing Harry to lift his head. I slid out of the booth and grabbed his hand, leading him out of the club. Harry yawned as he gave his ticket to the valet, pulling me in for a hug and resting his head on top of mine.

His hands rested lightly just above my butt, awakening a fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach. I could hear the whispers of people who walked past, and I knew they were jealous. Even I would be jealous of me.

The valet pulled up with the car, anxious as he handed the keys to Harry. He opened the passenger door for me, but I objected. "You're in no condition to drive."

"Yes, I am." Harry insisted. "Trust me, love. You had more than me."

I shut my mouth, knowing he was right, but still anxious about his level of consciousness. "Okay, but please drive slowly."

Harry got in the car and started the engine, pulling away from the curb slowly at my request. He drove carefully, keeping his eyes on the road. It was around a half hour back to the hotel, so naturally around 10 minutes into the ride I drifted off to sleep.

I was jolted awake by the sound of car horns and the car veering suddenly to the left. I briefly saw headlights in my window as Harry skidded to avoid the oncoming car. As he stopped the vehicle mid-skid, my head smacked against the side window. I slipped into unconsciousness for what seemed like the fiftieth time this week, my vision going black.

***

I woke to the sound of beeping from the IV at my bedside. My sight was blurred, although I could see a figure at the end of my bed, slumped over on the sheets. I blinked a couple times, the light blue room coming into focus. The lights were too bright, and my head thumped. I could barely raise my eyebrows without my head screaming at me.

I knew the figure was Harry, given away by the tousled curls and the dirty clothing from last night.

"Harry?" I asked quietly. Immediately he snapped his head up, rushing to my side.

"Vi," he breathed, kissing me desperately. His eyes were puffy and bloodshot - I could tell he had been crying.

"How long has it been?" I asked, worried that it had been a long time since I passed out.

"Two hours. Oh my God, Vi...I thought you were hurt..." Harry trailed off and gulped. "If something happened to you, I'd never be able to forgive myself."

Tears welled up in his eyes and slowly trailed down his cheeks. I quieted them as I pulled his face to mine, kissing them away gently.

"Maybe you should get a doctor," I suggested. Harry nodded and left quickly, his head down. Soon after, an old doctor entered the room, his wired half-moon glasses illuminating light blue kind eyes.