15. 'Game Over'

AN: hey, sorry for the lack of updates i'm busy revising for my exams so just posting this filler chapter that will hopefully subdue you till the end of May when my exams end. Hope you like this chapter consisting of Polly and Yvanna and remember to read, vote and comment! 

Polly POV 

"Yes! Yes! YES! Right there! Right there!" 

"mmhm" 

"Faster!" 

"I’m going as fast as I can" 

"Faster! Yvanna!!" 

"Polly..." 

"Faster! Faster! FASTER!" 

"Polly I’m trying to concentrate!" 

"Quick you're going to lose it" I pointed maniacally at the game machine as Yvanna tried to concentrate on the game, while I stood in the way yelling what to do.  She wasn’t listening, otherwise she’d be winning. 

Hey! This is serious times; this is no longer a game but a matter of life and death! And right now she was losing, badly. 

“NOOOOO!” I screeched, “You died! Oh the horror! How could you die like that?!” I took a moment of silence to mourn the loss of the space cadet on the screen before smiling again “Ok what game should you lose at next” 

Yvanna looked at me with a bemused expression before shaking her head “what do you mean lose at? If you weren’t screeching in my ear I’m sure I would have made it pass level one” 

I shook my head ignoring her excuses “nope, your just a sore loser” 

“Fine why don’t you have a go and I’ll distract you" 

I looked at her like she was mad, does she not know that the arcade is my second home? I mean, bring it on! ‘I’m a freaking game ninja’ 

“Alright ninja give it your best shot” Yvanna smirked at me inciting a blush to cover my face I think I need to invest in a filter… 

Shaking my fingers I prepared myself for the game, I am the tiny virtual space cadet, I am the game! Be the game Polly.  Getting into the zone I forgot about the world surrounding and pressed start. 

Polly… you better concentrate…” 

Yvanna’s lips were inches away from my neck causing me shiver from the close contact, oh my god what was she doing?! 

Quickly Polly…. Don’t want to die on the first level now” she teased but I couldn’t focus on the game anymore I could already see my cadet getting ready to die his tiny virtual life flashing before his eyes….