Ch 1 -Edited-

No, this can't be the end, where I will lie forever more. This can't be where my side walk ends. It was one foolish mistake, one mistake that I will forever more regret. 

I wish I hadn't entered the basement, wish I had gone back to sleep. I wish my curiosity wasn't dominant over my common sense, I wish someone could've stopped me. I wish the others here had been stopped too, but they weren't, and now I will join them, and lie here forever more. 

Footsteps echo in the cement room, the light sound of dripping water bouncing off the walls. A cool breeze caresses my face, slipping around my torso and legs.

He was coming. 

Trying to escape was pointless, he'd always catch you in the end. Always show no mercy for the foolish.

He was feared for good reasons, nicknamed "The screamer" for logical purposes. 

The few girls still lurking around hide in the shadows. The single boy, no older than 5, hides behind who I assume is his older sister, their similarities hard to miss. I had hoped the boy would be spared, that he would get a life to live. To have the chance to have his first heart-break, have embarrassing memories to treasure, to grow old.

But like I said before, he shows no mercy, not for you or I. Not for anyone. 

The light that dimly lights the room flickers, once... Twice... And then it burns out, plunging us into complete darkness. The few girls that are younger than myself, around the age of 16, let out a small shriek, terrified like no one should be at such a young age.

Everyone knows what's coming next. One of us will leave with him, we are then given the chance to entertain him. If we succeed, he lets us go, if not... I'd rather not say. 

The flashlight he always carries with him when he comes down here moves around the wall, as if he expects one of us to be hiding there in an attempt to escape. The last time something like that happened screams filled the air all night long, she hadn't even made it past 12:00 a.m.

His freshly cleaned brown dress shoes come into view, the slight heel making a deep echo on every step. The loose black jeans, with a matching white t-shirt and leather jacket slowly come into view, reminding us all he's not one to mess with.

Finally, his white mask appears, hiding his hair and nose, simple slits reveal his piercing green eyes and red lips.

I quickly turn and push past others, wanting to get as far away from the front as possible. He usually picked the people around the edges, so being in the middle of the group was most likely the safest place tonight.

Soft whimpers fill the previous silence, growing slightly louder with ever one of his footsteps before becoming quiet again, only to return to slightly louder a moment later.

Gasps are released as he turns at the end of the stairs, walking down the remaining four. He takes his time stepping onto the cement floor, looking at the wall in front of him for a few moments before turning to face us, his head being the only thing that moves.

Quickly, he flicks his wrist so we're all trapped in the flashlights beam, only making it more obvious we're all at his mercy.

He would take his time in choosing one of us, for this was his favourite part. He enjoyed, LOVED, seeing us wither beneath his gaze, always trying to avoid eye contact with him but always proving unable to resist the lime green stare he provides. 

I feel my shoulders rise in fear, my knees bending slightly in hope to hide behind the taller women. Sadly, I was the tallest out of everyone. Standing at 5"8, my long blond hair making myself stand out like a blue flower in a field of dandelions.

Impossible to miss.

His gaze focuses on the first row of women, all squirming in fear and discomfort under his spell. His eyes flash quickly to the right, almost unnoticeable, but noticed by everyone in the room. A small group at the front scurry over in the direction he motioned towards, a girl tripping in the process. 

Now only a single row of women stand in front of me, the only thing separating my own mossy green orbs from his. Another row stands behind me, so if he dismisses the second row he's most likely to choose his prey from my row. A discomforting feeling grows in my gut, one that's never a good sign. 

A smirk grows on his face, revealing slight crinkles in the side of his mouth. His stare lands on the girl in front of me, her ginger hair slick with oil from lack of a showering, curly around the edges. 

Her shaking increases slightly as he takes 3 long, slow, strides in her direction, obviously thinking this was to be her last night. I wouldn't be surprised if it was. In this life, there's a saying; 'Better you than myself'.'

He continues walking until he stood right in front of her, a pitiful amount space, 4 inches about, separating them. His tall figure towers over her own, covering her in a shadow along with the front of my body. 

Raising his free hand, he grips her round chin, adding a bit more pressure than necessary. A small sneer forms on his lips, the chapped edges widening ever so slightly. Any sign of humanity had obviously been lost in this... Being awhile ago. The way he acted, looked at another, walked even, it was obvious he may have the physical appearance of a human but was mentally a monster.

A monster we couldn't over power to our dismay.

But then he did the most horrifying thing I will forever remember. He shoved the girl to the ground by his right side, discarding her as nothing. This simple action left me in the wide open, his eyes meeting my horror filled ones. 

Then he smirked, he had the nerve to smirk at me. He took one step closer to my shaking body, obviously loving the fearful effect he had on myself. The next words he whispered i will forever remember, and not for good reasoning.

"It's your night."