chapter 14

Harrys POV

After that terrible night when the Burrow was destroyed, we had no choice but to return to Hogwarts for the rest of the holidays. I was angry and upset, how dare those death eaters attack my friends. That Bellatrix is gonna get her comeupance one day, i am gonna make sure of that.

Ever since that day, Holly has been in the hospital wing. She hasn't woken since that day and its been a week but madam Pomfrey says she will be ok. I walk into the wing to find Hermione and Ron already there, thats was unusual.

'Whats going on?' I ask, sitting up to the chair next to her bed.

'She began to stir and Pomfrey said she was going to wake up.' Ron anwsered before giving Holly another quick glance as she moved again. This movement was however more of a jolt and suddenly her eyes snapped open. She sat up amediatley but grabbed her left arm in pain and fell on the bed once again.

'What happened?' Holly croaked while she gave a quick glance around the room. 'How did i get here, last thing i remember was...' she trailed off and shivered. Hermione gave her a bear hug and we joined in.

'We where about to go down and have breakfast. You coming with?' Hermione chirped, clearly happy that Holly was awake.

'Yeah of course.' she replied, throwing her legs over the side.

'What are you doing, get back into bed now!' Madam Pomfrey ordered

'No, thanks for what you've done but now i am awake i am out of here.' Holly retorted, grabbing her clothes and heading to the bathroom. Pomfrey knew Holly to well to try and argue so just walked to help another patient instead. When Holly returned from the bathroom, she looked utterly fustrated.

'Being unable to use my arm is already getting old.' she huffed and we all began to laugh.

'Come on, lets go. I'm starving.' Ron complained

'Your always hungry Ron.' I said and we burst into more fits of laughter. This term was looking better already.

Holly POV

It had been a couple of days since i woke up in hospital. The rest of the students where returning from there holidays today but i was too busy to greet them. I was in the Astromany tower trying my hardest to turn into my bird form. So far i had been unsuccessful and now i was beging to get fustrated.

Finally after an hour of trying i became a bird. Big mistake! Excruciating pain shot up my left wing and i collasped on the floor in pain, back in normal form. As my breathing quickened i let out a scream and clutched my arm, trying to make it stop. Suddenly a pair of arms where around me and lifting me from the ground.

I opened my eyes to see Draco looking down at me with worried filled eyes. The pain subsided considerably and my breathing went back to normal.

'What the hell happened?' He asked ' Did someone use the cruciatus curse on you?' He glanced around the room quickly but found no one.

'No, it's my arm. It can't take me turning into a bird.' I told him, rolling up my sleeve so i could check the bandages.

'Thats a massive gash Holly, you must have really hurt yourself.' he said

'Me, you think i did this to myself. No your stupid death eater friend, Greyback did.' i declared angrily and tried to push myself off the ground. My body wavered for a second before falling back into the position on the floor. I sighed, my body was too weak to keep arguing, tears started to form in my eyes and i began to cry. Draco pulled me close to him and held me tightly.

'I'm a terrible guardian. I can't protect Harry, i'm too weak.' I sobbed

'You will get better and if it helps i won't mock him until you get better. That way you won't have to protect him from me.' He chuckled and i giggled too.

'We will get through this. It can't get any worse than it already is, right?' I said before kissing him softly on the lips. He smiled at me before giving me a hug and retiring to the common room to unpack his stuff. I stared out at the sun set, hopping desprately that things didn't get worse before i got better otherwise Harry could be in serious trouble.