chapter 35

Harry POV

A number of students stayed behind to help fight the battle against Voldemort and i couldn't help but feel guilty. This was my fight but they were helping me fight it. I glances over to Holly, I could see the fear she held in her eyes but her she covered it up. She noticed me studying her and gave me a smile but i knew she didn't mean it. I made my way towards the Ravenclaw tower and i could feel her close on my heels. We dodged many students leaving the tower, trying to find the horcruxes fast as there was only half an hour until midnight.

'Harry! Holly!' Luna shouted but we ignored her, continuing up the stairs. 'Harry James Potter and Guardian!' I froze and truned around, a look of disbelief on Holly's face.

'Did you just call me guardi...' She started but Luna cut her off, 'Theres no time for that now, theres no point looking on the tower Harry its not there. There is no person alive that knows where it is, as in...' I looked at her confused but Holly seemed to understand.

'A ghost, the Ravenclaw ghost.' She gushed and it all made sense, 'Thank you Luna.' Holly added as we raced down the stairs, I saw nearly headless Nick out of the corner of my eye.

'Nick, I need you to tell me where the Grey Lady is.' I shouted, he pointed towards a tall floating figure. 'Holly wait here while i go talk to her ok.' She was about to protest but i shushed her before running off in the direction of the Grey Lady.

Holly POV

I hate it when he does that, goes off alone because he thinks it's his battle. The hallway was quiet, most students had been evacuated. Footsteps can be heard from behind me so i whipped my head round to see who it was, regretting it instantly as i became dizzy.

'Are you alright dear?' Mcgonagall asked, reaching out a hand to steady me.

'Yes, i'm fine.' I said, smiling at the old woman.

'We need you to fly up around the protection barrier, to check it.' She told me.

'Erm... I'cant turn into a bird anymore.' I explained and Mcgonagalls mouth dropped. 'I don't want to talk about it.' She nodded and left me in peace.

I sat down on one of the empty benches and sighed to myself. A mirror sat on the wall across from me and for the first time in a while i saw how i really looked. Aberforth was right, I was pale and almost sickly looking. I guess thats what war and a near death experience does to you, I laughed at myself. Harry burst into the room, a look of triumph on his face. I looked at him confused but he just grabbed my hand and ran off in the other direction. We ran around the castle until finding Ron and Hermione.

'Where have you been?' Harry inquired

'In the chamber of secrets, we got a basilisk fang and destroyed the cup.' Ron explained and mine and Harrys mouths dropped.

'He used Parseltongue an everything, he was amazing. Amazing!' Hermione chirped and i rolled my eyes.

'Genius! On to the next one, i know what it looks like and i know where it is. He hid it where i hid my potions book, he thought he only knew about it. Come on!'

We ran to the wall in which the doors to the room of requirement lay. Harry walked past it three times before the large wooden door appeared. We ran inside, splitting up into two groups. Me and Harry ran off to the right while he shouted to the others, 'Its a crown!' Harry stopped at a wardrobe but i carried on, taking a right. While searching along the rows of junk i heard voices coming from Harrys way.

'Thats my wand your holding Potter.' The voice snarled, getting nearer to Harry. I ran back, stepping out next to Harry. The person that stood there was the one person i hoped it wasn't, I gasped in shock.

'Draco?' I question, confusion and sadness in my voice. He stepped back, shock across his face.

'You're alive.' He stammered, his goons (aka Blaise and Goyle) stared at him. Blaise pointed his wand at me but Draco waved it down. 'I'll take this one you take Harry.'

I grabbed my wand from my back pocket, pointing it at Draco. He followed me down the path i had just come from. He threw a spell at the tower of junk next to me, the force knocked a few things down almost hitting me. I ducked out of the way, a yell escaping my lips. He pointed his wand at me this time and shouted, 'Stupefy!' I  shuffled out of the way just in time.

'Why are you doing this?' I yelled, backing away from him as he advanced.

'You can't be Holly, she died!' He snapped

'No , I almost did. Acctually for two seconds i think i might of but i'm fine now.' I insisted and he faultered, his wand twitched down an inch.

'B-but you don't look the same.' He stuttered, i sighed.

'So i've learned.' I mumbled, 'Draco it's me.' Suddenly his arms were around me and he was hugging me tightly.

'I thought i lost you.' He muttered into my hair. A bright light appeared from round the corner, I let go of Draco to stare at it. As a great ball of fire rounded the corner I grabbed Dracos hand again and pulled him towards the exit. The smoke was thick and filled our lungs, we began to cough uncontrollably. The wish to be a bird was stronger than ever so we could escape this terrible mess. As i wished my body began to shake, then i burst into a bird. I was too shocked to react, falling onto the floor. When i managed to gather my bearings the fire ball was only a couple of meters behind me. I flew up, grabbing Draco in my talons.

Harry had already grabbed Blaise and was flying through the wooden doors, I followed. Once outside, i dropped Draco and collasped on the floor as a human, coughing. The broken remains of Voldemorts horcrux bounced out after us, destroyed. Draco jumped up and ran out of sight, I was about to follow him but Harry grabbed my leg.

'We need to focus on getting the snake.' He said and I nodded my head.