chapter 36

Holly POV

Harry tapped into Voldemorts brain waves, detecting the place in which he kept the snake. Screaming echoed around the broken castle, the war had started. I was taken off guard by a spell fired by a death eater, It missed my head by an inch. I raised my wand in his direction but he ran away before i could get a clean shot. The others sensed my desire to follow him, yanking on my arm to keep me here.

'He's in the shrieking shack.' Harry informed while pulling on my arm in the shacks direction. It wasn't far to go as a huge hole occupied the far wall, giving us a clear path towards the whomping willow. Greyback raced through the hallway chasing a stray third year, I snarled.

'I'm gonna stay here, get the snake but stay out of trouble.' I ordered, running after Greyback. I turned into a wolf as Greyback was too, it was a full moon. I found him hovering over Lavander Brown, a look of hunger haunting his eyes. I pounced on Greyback sending hin flying into the nearest wall. Growling he bound over to me, swiping at me with his claws out. It grazed my leg but otherwise didn't hurt me. I bared my teeth and bite him on his back leg. He howled in pain, swinging his head back and knocking me to the ground. My chest ached from the force of the inpact but i pushed the it aside. While on the ground a sharp pain erupted in my shoulder, Greyback had sunk his sharp teeth into me. I shriecked and shoved him against the wall, knocking him unconscious. The bite throbbed and i groaned.

A crash from behind me grabbed my attention, I whipped around snarling. Lavander stood as still as possible, shaking from Greybacks attack. When i snarled her eyes widened and she stummbled back a few inches. I tried to change back and explain but she threw a spell at me. Shielding myself behind a large pillar, she ran off in the other direction, screaming th whole way. I frowned but decided to leave it.

Harry, Ron and Hermione re-entered the school then, holding a glass jar. I changed back and walked with them towards Dumbledores office. My vision became fuzzy as Voldermorts voice echoed through our heads, 'You have one hour to dispose of your dead, i command my forces to retreat so you can pay your respects. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. Come and give yourself up, I shall wait for you in the forbidden forest. You have already let some of your friends die for you, if you don't give yourself up i will come and get you myself. Killing every other person that has tried to protect you. Starting with the four that matter to you most.' I could see Harrys face distort into sadness and shame, so i placed a reasuring hand on his back.

'We'll go and help the others, you carry on and find out about Snape.' Hermione said, grabbing Ron's hand and heading in the direction of the school. We nodded and continued to Dumbledore's office in silence. Harry headed straight to pensieve and poured in a substance.

'Whats that?' I asked but got no reply as Harry had already placed his head into it. I sighed and began to explore the office, it was dark and gloomy with the absence of Albus. On one of his many book cases i saw a small diary that read 'Robert Salvatore'. I smiled to myself but at the same time i was confused, Dumbledore new my father well anough to have his diary? I reached up to the diary and lifted it from the dusty book case. Just as i was about to open it, Harry called my name and the book fell to the ground.

'What was that?' he inquired, straining his head to see the diary splayed out on the floor.

'Nothing, did you find out anything from err...' I gushed with a hint for him to tell me what it is he just saw.

'I learnt from Snapes memories that...' He trailed off

'What is it?' i asked, worry and confusion in my voice.

'I have to... die. I'm a horcrux.' He breathed and my heart stuttered, running up to him and grabbing him before he could reach the door.

'No! You can't die, not after all thats happened.' I yelled

'I have to or he'll never be defeated...' he began

'No, Harry... you're my friend, please.' I begged, hugging him tightly and i felt him return it before saying, 'I have to.' Before i could reply blackness engulfed me and i fell to the ground.

***

My eyes flickered open to reveal the empty office. Outside i couldn't hear any fighting but it was still dark which means i had only been out for about 5 or 10 minutes. Harry must have stunned me... oh no Harry. I sprung to my feet, ignoring the dizziness that circled my head, and sprinted down the spiral stairs. While running past Hagrids burnt down hut, i passed a confused Draco. The forest passed in a big green and black blurr as i tried to reach Voldemort before he could hurt Harry.

I was suddenly pulled back by my injured, i screamed in pain and cluched the newly hurting bite. I glared at the person how had grabbed it, not softening when i realised it was Draco. He was out of breath, panting and holding his chest. I turned to leave him but he grabbed my hand.

'Are you crazy, you can't save him. You'll be killed.' He panted, now better than before.

'I have to try, he's my friend and he needs me...' I started but he cut me off.

'I need you, please don't go.' He pleaded. I placed a hand on his pale cheek, my skin the same shade as his and whipered, 'I love you Draco but i need to help Harry, If you love me you will let me do this.'

He stiffened but nodded reluctantly. I stepped back and gestured for him to return to the school. He furrowed his eyebrows but i ignored this and began to run. My mind was on overdrive and my heart was pounding. The clearing was just up ahead but i couldn't shake the bad fellign in my chest.

I made it to the clearing just as a flash of green light hit Harry in the chest. As he feel to the ground, i screamed 'No!' but i was too late. Two death eaters restrained me before i could reach Harry and i saw an evil smile grace Voldemorts lips.

'The guardian has failed, now she must be punished.' He sneered as tears dripped down my face.