chapter five

✖️ two weeks later ✖️

Zayn and Liam were laying on their bed, cuddling in their boxers, when Liam noticed Zayn had something on his mind.

"You have something on your mind, Zee, what is it?" Liam asked when the both of them caught their breath.

"Nothing." Zayn said.

"It's not nothing, Zayn, tell me," Liam replied, looking at his husband.

"I want to adopt," Zayn blurted. Liam chuckled, earning a glare from Zayn, "it's not funny."

"I'm sorry, it's not. But where was this Zayn five years ago, when I wanted kids?"

"You don't want kids, Li?" Zayn asked, his face dropped.

Liam noticed the look on Zayn's face, and tried to rearrange his words, "I do, I really do. What I said was a joke, I do want kids, Zee, but maybe we could wait another year or two, when I don't have to fly everywhere, and I can be at home with you."

"I want someone to take care of when you're not home," Zayn mumbled.

"Let's get a dog," Liam said changing the subject about kids, "then maybe we can get a surrogate, or adopt, in a couple months. I don't want to miss anything in our child's life, Zee."

"But-"

"Zayn, the reason I wanted kids is that I would be there for every step, every baby tooth lost, every smile, every laugh, first word, and everything. I can't do that when I'm always flying  for work."

"Oh okay." Zayn mumbled, sitting up from the bed, finding a pair of sweatpants from the dresser.

"Zayn, I just-" Liam's phone began to ring.

"You should probably get that Liam, it's probably Phil with a new location. I'm going downstairs." Zayn said, walking out of their bedroom.

Liam sighed, grabbing his phone, Louis T. is calling you. Slide to answer.

"What is it?" Liam asked, annoyed. He didn't like fighting with Zayn, but out of everyone he knew Zayn should be the one who knew why Liam wanted kids.

"Liam, you need to come to my flat. It's important." Louis stated before hanging up.

Liam sighed, before grabbing another pair of sweatpants, and jogged downstairs finding Zayn sitting on the couch with his fingers tapping on the screen at lightning speed. "Zayn." Liam called out, and Zayn just ignored him. "Zee, baby, Zayn please look at me."

"Why?"

"Zayn, just please look at me," Liam begged, sitting on the coffee table right in front of Zayn, "I want kids so bad, but you have to see where I'm coming from. I want to be there every minute raising them, it's just. . ."

Liam was cut off by his phone ringing again. "Answer it, Liam. Phil just loves interrupting us all the damn time," Zayn told Liam, annoyed and pissed.

"I'm sorry, Zee," Liam mumbled grabbing the phone from his pocket. Louis T. has sent you a text message. "I've just been so busy lately, you know that. I really really really-"

"Whatever Liam. What happened to you taking me with you every time you had to fly out of the country?" Zayn asked, "It feels like you're hiding something from me."

"Is this what all the baby wanting is about, Zee?" Liam asked.

"Are you hiding something from me?" Zayn questioned.

"Zayn, I would never hide anything from you. But I want to wait for kids. I promise that Phil will stop taking me everywhere, Ireland wasn't the last place, we have to go to Denver, Miami, and Paris now. I'll ask if you can go to all of them. You were getting bored of them, I always went to those meetings with Phil."

"You can't think that a trip with you will fix everything!-"

"I don't think that, Zee. But it could help."

Zayn stood up, and walked towards the stairs. "Help with what? Our marriage? If you think our marriage is going south, maybe we could just get a divorce."

Liam caught up with Zayn, "please don't ever put divorce on the table. I love you so much. I can never imagine myself without you."

"Stop trying to fix everything with saying that. We've been together for thirteen years, I know everything about you. I'm just tired of you leaving every week."

"I called off of work for the week for you! If you can't appreciate anything I do-"

"Just leave. I'm going to our room. Sleep on the couch tonight." And with that Zayn walked upstairs, and Liam walked out the door.

--

I got the votes and comments really quick. Thanks for that!

Maybe, 8 votes this time? And 5 comments?

I had to write them fighting because, it's part of the storyline.