epilogue

✖️ three years later ✖️

Amara smiled and giggled as her father lifted her up and down in the air. Liam gave her kisses on the cheek before lifting her up again. The stubble of Liam's chin tickled her making her laugh. Amara was two and a half years old.

"Liam Payne, what do you think you are doing?" Louis asked, walking out in the backyard.

"Oh uh," Amara squeaked out when Liam held her close to his body.

"Daddy's in trouble, ladybug," Liam whispered to Amara. Amara hid her face into her father's shoulder.

"You think?" Louis asked. "You could have dropped her!"

"But I didn't. She likes it," Liam told Louis. "If she didn't, she would be crying not laughing."

"It doesn't matter, I don't want her up high anymore. It's her safety-"

Liam set Amara down, who ran to the small sandbox near the back door. "She's okay. I won't do it again, if that's what you want, okay?"

"Alright," Louis pouted. Liam pressed his lips against his husband's lip, stopping him from pouting.

"Ew!" The two husbands broke apart when Amara spoke. They looked at her, she was covering her eyes and smiling. Louis watched as his husband ran to their daughter, lifted her up, and did a raspberry on her stomach making her laugh.

--

"Will you marry me?"

Zayn stood there, almost baffled. He wanted deep down to say no, because of the reason his first marriage ended. But Matthew was different from Liam.

Matthew and Zayn met at school. Matthew had been the new physics teacher where Zayn worked. At first they only talked to each other since Zayn was Matthew's teaching mentor to show him the basics of the school's rules and how they graded in the grade books.

But as soon as they got close, they realized how similar their past relationships were. Matthew had moved to a different country after finding his fiancée of three years cheating on him. But Zayn stayed put where he was, except moving houses. He lived closer to the school, and a couple months ago, Matthew had moved in with him.

And here they are, in front of strangers, in the middle of a park when the sun was setting and the sky was a mixture of pinks, purples, and blues.

"Yes," Zayn finally said, pulling Matthew into a long and passionate kiss.

✖️ one year later ✖️

Zayn walked down the sidewalk when he saw a little girl running, and he assumed the yelling behind him was her parents.

"Amara!" Zayn was shocked, he hasn't heard that voice for three years. Not since the divorce was finalized. Zayn was pushed forwards moments later, "Oh, shit. I'm sorry- Zayn?"

"Daddy!" Amara ran back to her father, giggling. She held her hands up, and Liam lifted her up.

"This is your daughter?" Zayn asked, and Liam let out a small yeah. "She's beautiful."

"She is, isn't she?" Liam smiled, pressing his lips against his daughter's forehead. "You look good. Happy."

"I am, very."

"You got married, didn't you?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, we, uh, we just got back from our honeymoon," Zayn told Liam. "You got remarried, too, right?"

"Yeah," Liam nodded, before his phone rang. "Uh, we better get going. We're meeting Louis at the local theatre. It was good seeing you."

"You, too." Zayn said before watching his ex-husband walk down the path, the opposite way Zayn was headed.

"Papa!" Zayn turned and saw little Riley running up to him, Matthew following right behind her. Zayn bent down and lifted her up.

Before they were married, Zayn and Matthew had adopted Matthew's niece. Matthew's sister had been in and out of rehab, and he hated the way Riley had to see her mother do many many things, and wanted to keep her away from that.

"Who was that?" Matthew asked.

"That was Liam, and his daughter," Zayn told him, standing up. Riley reached for his hand.

"Are you okay?" He asked Zayn. They both know it was still a soft spot to see their exes.

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm great, I have you and I have Riley. I'm fantastic," Zayn reached for Matthew's hand and he clasped it.

--

Louis stood on the stage, moving the kids around. "Elizabeth, can you stand next to Kieran? Thank you, sweetheart." He stared at the positions of the kids. Louis had started a theatre for kids, and their first performance would be in a couple weeks.

"Mr Louis! Are we ever going to start rehearsing?" Rowan complained, while wearing her princess costume. She had a ton of attitude for a nine year old.

"Of course. Do you want to start, Ro?" Louis asked, stepping down the stage, sitting in the audience seats. Rowan smiled before talking.

"I am Fairy princess! And we need to stop the evil witch Hagragard before it's too late!" Rowan spoke loudly, and clearly.

"But Fairy princess, Hagragard has her minions watching over the castle where Rapunzel is locked in! We need Rapunzel to help us!" Kieran said his line, monotonous but he still tried to deliver his lines along with the actions.

"Alright! Alright! Prince Charming, you and dragon, take Sleeping Beauty and rescue Rapunzel!" Everyone remained silence, "Go! Now!"

"Good job, guys!" Louis clapped. "Let's go to the scene where Prince Charming rescues Rapunzel. Is Taylor here today?"

"No." A chorus of little voices said, and Louis sighed.

The door of the theatre opened, and Louis turned to see his ex, followed by Harry. Louis stared at the two in shock, when did that happen?

"Uncle Harry!" Rowan ran down the stairs and to her uncle.

"Louis?" Brady looked at Louis in shock. They haven't seen each other since the day he told Louis he wanted him back.

"Hi, Brady, Harry," Louis greeted the two men.

"You know my uncle Harry?" Rowan asked, Louis nodded.

"Rehearsals over! Go change out of your costumes and put them back where they belong!" Louis shouted as kids ran off the stage.

"Long time, no see?" Harry said to Louis.

"Right. So you two are like together?" Louis asked, gobsmacked.

"We're engaged," Harry smiled, looking at Brady.

"I thought you- how'd you two even meet?" Louis asked, not knowing how to deal with this. He wasn't jealous, he was confused at seeing them together.

Harry gave a small smile. "My plan that happened, like what, four, five years ago?"

"You mean the one where you end up with Zayn?" Louis asked.

"I figured you'd be with Liam, like you are now, and I'd be with Zayn. But I fell in love with Brady, and we're happy."

"Lou, I'm sorry about everything-"

"Don't be. I'm happy now, and I'll be happy until the day I die. And I hope you are too," Louis saw the doors of the theatre open and saw Liam and Amara. "And if you'll excuse me." Louis walked up to his daughter and husband, giving them both a kiss. "I love you, guys."

--

Is this book officially finished now?

After posting this, there will be a characters ask, if you want. I'll probably wait for a couple weeks to post the answers bc you know how I take a while to write.

Also, Matthew is Matthew Daddario, bc I love him. :-)

thanks for reading this book. I love you guys.