Chapter 1: Lacey

"Hey did you get the onions?", said Lacey as she asked her boyfriend coming in the door. "Yea babe I did." Ken walked into the kitchen and sat the groceries down on the table. "So how was your day?" Lacey asked as she was putting the boxes of pasta away. "It was good, ran into that guy about the 'end of the world' thing again. You remember in 2012, the Mayans calender thing...yea that happened." Lacey laughed and shook her head. "Well at least he's not selling those water bottles again." They both laughed and both knew what Lacey was talking about. Ken and Lacey had put away all the groceries and sat down to watch T.V. . Ken touched the paper thin hologram remote and the T.V. instantly switched on. Ken switched to the global news channel. "Hello i'm Kara Langles and here are tonights reports. Earlier today a man by the name of Herman Steer was arrested after authorities discovered barbie dolls in his basement. Steer was tipped off by an anonymous source which directly lead the police to his home." Lacey shook her head and said, "I never understood why they actually made a law about not having barbies." "Well babe they did have make a bunch of little girls go nuts." "Yea I remember...I was one of them."