Chapter 5: The Beginning of the End

Xavier wakes up to the amazing sunrises peaking out of the mountains.

"Good morn.. Oh my goodness!" Xavier says startling, and rushing to get up off the lush grass.

"Hell... What the...?" Angel gets up from the other side of him. "Where's Harry?"

"Where's Miranda?" Xavier says in shock to see Angel.

"Hello you too! Breakfast is ready at the tavern, we didn't want to wake you. Harry is..." Miranda says giggling. Angel quickly walks away beat red.

"Oh thank goodness!" Xavier sighs in relief. " I thought I had done, nevermind."

"We just kissed, no big deal nothing else happened." Miranda smiles and helps Xavier up. "Cmon I made breakfast for your team and you. Come eat!" Miranda casually walks down the hill and into the Mermaid Tavern. Xavier walks down the hill and then stops at the cherub.

"How did it go?" The cherub statue smiles ever so kindly.

"Well, thank you!"

"For what?"

"Showing me how to feel again. With her she makes my heart soar. It's hard to believe it, but I kissed her or she kissed me."

"Yeah yeah yeah, boy get room. You make me sick! Young stupid love! Boyish charm, stupid! I hate love! Where my bottle of ale?" Ingrid walks by. "Oh, it empty? No ale for me, no love for me. Ugh!"

"Like I said don't listen to her, she didn't take my advice. Now get in there, she is waiting for you!" The cherub says nodding to the tavern. Xavier runs to the tavern then waves back at the cherub. "Oh Ingrid, you want love advice?"

"No puny stone, I don't take love advice from diaper wearing stone."

Ingrid says sitting on her chair and slams the gate behind her. Xavier walks into the Mermaid Tavern to see the magic of the town come to life in one little tavern. Yet, it is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.

"Xavier over here!" The band of misfits are shouting and waving.

"Hey guys! How's everyone doing?" Xavier says with a great big smile on his face.

"Great! Where were you and Angel last night?" Chloe asks kind of condescendingly.

"Oh I didn't tell you, Xavier was with me. I am Miranda. Friends call me Mir." Miranda says sitting next to

Xavier. "You guys eat up. We have a long journey ahead of us, right Xavier?"

"Yup!" He smiles shoveling food into his mouth.

"Then where were you Angel?" Chloe asks with a huge grin on her face.

"She was with me! I wanted to spend some alone time with her." Harry says kissing Angel on the forehead.

"Aw you all are so adorable! We wish we could find love like that." The Impossibles say kind of shyly.

"Okay well we can't be worrying about love, we have to have a game plan for the attack! Xavier? What's the plan?" The Blood Scouts kind of glare, because Xavier is missing the big picture.

"Well we have to get to the FunLand. Let's eat up and pack up! Okay?" Xavier says finishing his meal. Everyone else finishes and packs up their stuff into their bags. They all head out of the tavern and walk toward the gate. "Everyone ready?" Xavier says looking at his large band of misfits.

"We are ready!" Everyone says. They open the gate and startle Ingrid.

"Oh you leaving finally!"