Chapter Two: Your Hands Are Cold

When Blake arrived at the cinema, she was terrified.

She still didn't have the faintest idea who's sent her those tickets. She was half expecting some sort of pervert rapist, but why would they meet her in a public place? Pyrrha hadn't known a thing about it, except that it had been addressed to their room, with the faunus's name on it. But Blake had gone along anyway, 15 minutes before the movie was meant to start.

She tapped her foot on the hard floor, impatient, anxious. The possibility that it had been Yang had crossed her mind, and she was sort of hoping the blonde would appear. But she was also prepared for disappointment.

She looked up suddenly as she heard a car door slam, startled by the noise. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw not Yang, but a tall man with thick, reddish-brown, windswept hair stepped out, and Blake froze. Not him. Surely it's wasn't him.

The man went in a different direction, however, not noticing her. Blake, not even realising she'd been holding her breath, let it out with a heavy sigh. I do not want to deal with him right now...

"Hey, Blake! You look like you've seen a ghost!"

Her ears pricked up suddenly under her bow, and she spun around to see a familiar blonde doofus, holding a rather large bag of popcorn. Not sure how to react, she just bit her tongue and swallowed down the rush of confusing emotions that threatened to envelop her, ignoring the fact that it suddenly felt quite warm in the spacious lobby. "Y-yang. What are you doing here?"

The blonde shrugged dismissively. "I was just dropping off Ruby and Weiss - you know Weiss, right?"

"Er...yeah."

"Anyway, I figured I might to see something too, while I was here. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, 3:30."

Blake narrowed her eyes. "Funny. I somehow stumbled across tickets to the same movie. At the same time."

"Huh. Funny."

The Faunus tried to glare, but instead found their old, teasing banter coming back to her. She punched Yang's arm lightly. "Come on, stop pretending you didn't set this up. It actually freaked me out a bit."

Yang seemed surprised. "Freaked out?"

"What if a serial killer had sent those tickets!"

"Eh, you'd be able to take 'em."

Blake raised an eyebrow. "You could've given some indication of who the ticket was from."

Yang glanced at her feet. "I...I was worried you wouldn't come if I did that."

Blake felt any wall she'd been trying to build up crash down instantly when Yang showed vulnerability like that. She blushed a little. "Oh."

An awkward silence fell between them. Blake was finally the one to break it. "So...what're you doing here?"

"Dad got a new job here. I thought I'd get an apprenticeship, as a hairdresser."

Blake frowned. "Hairdressing," she echoed.

"Yeah. There's this really trendy place near our new house."

"Huh. But don't you hate it when anything happens to that bushy mess?" she grinned, glancing at Yang's hair.

"Psh, my hair's fabulous and you know it. It's pretty cool, just learning about it, even if I never actually do it."

"Huh. Okay."