Chapter Four: Dancing Through Life

(Quick A/N)

I want to thank my readers from all these fabulous places that don't normally have many English speakers: Sweden, (I'm sitting at an IKEA desk right now btw, thanks guys :D) Germany, Slovakia, Romania, the Philippines, and Malaysia! ^^ I didn't expect to get readers from these places!

Also, thanks so, so much for everyone who voted in the Wattys Best of the Past! I still can't believe BLAB won first place - seriously, thanks so much guys!

Not much is happening until July for the RWBY Wattys, but this book is only nominated for one category - if you think it should be in other categories, (idk, I feel like I'd be too biased to make that call XD) go leave a comment on the nomination book, on the amazing Jaceperry22 's profile ^^

Also you should watch Erased! It's really really good :D

***

The White Stag was had been unusually quiet today. Blake and Weiss were getting ready to hand over to Gwen and Nebula. The writer, who never said a word besides her order, was in the corner, typing away, glancing up from her computer every so often to survey her surroundings or look out the window, was basically the only person here, who wasn't waiting for a takeaway order. Emerald said she'd tried to have a conversation with her previously, but her answers, though not unkind, were short and brusque.

Emerald was a strange sort of character. Her past was implied to be...interesting. But somehow she'd ended up in charge of a coffee shop. She didn't actually show up much - money was transferred into their bank accounts at the end of each day. (It wasn't terribly uncommon for this to happen at 1am.) In the early hours of the morning, she'd bring in all the baked goods for the day, place them in the middle of the room in a pair of crates, and leave. Every employee knew how to contact her if a fire started or something, but otherwise, she didn't get involved in the actual selling of coffee and food.

"Thanks, by the way. For the other day."

Weiss looked up at Blake suddenly, frowning. "What for?"

"For giving Yang and I some time to be alone," she explained.

She smiled. "Oh, no problem."

"Is Ruby coming in today?"

"No - she had a tae kwon do lesson."

"Aah. Is that a weekly thing now?"

Weiss shook her head, passing her an empty cup. "She's helping out with one of the junior classes. It's a one-off."

Blake nodded, flipping it over to see what the customer had ordered. Hot chocolate.

"By the way..."

"Yeah?"

"If you get a weird email about the Schnee masquerade, it's an invitation. I was hoping you, Ruby and Yang would come."

Blake blinked in surprise. "Okay. I'll try to be there."

Weiss smiled. "Please do.

She hesitated. "Why would the email be weird?"

"It's a little..." Weiss trailed off, trying to find the words. "Well, it's very formal."

***