Second Chances pt. 1

She engulfed Luke in her sexy bad girl vibe, her open mind, and the dirty mixed smell of cheap cigarettes and the bar he was a regular visitor of. He didn't even notice when long recording days in the studio started to be continuously followed by short and steamy nights in her bed, when his wife at home merely felt like a roommate he'd see twice a week, when he started lying to his own band so he could take his newly found girlfriend out of the city for a weekend. He didn't notice all that and he sure as hell didn't see you start to catch on. You felt like a freaky stalker, when you started secretly sniffing his clothes, checking his collar and his pockets, when you got his credit card statements, or when you started randomly 'swinging by' the studio to check if he's ever there. He was, most of the times. But the ones he wasn't, and nobody could tell you where he was, you knew for a fact – your husband was cheating on you.

Luke was too immersed in the soft touch of the young bartender to even hear the doorbell ring and someone walk in until she let out a loud 'We're closed' from underneath him.

"So I can see," Luke heard a voice that felt painfully familiar. He turned around, his naked torso and a throbbing bulge evident in his pants, hair messed up from the way they were just being pulled by the girl's slender fingers, his lips red and swollen from the little bites she took.

You simply stood there, a whole rage of emotions surging through your body. You knew one thing – you wanted to beat the living crap out of the both of them until you beat the image of them together out of your head.

"You're here," it almost sounded like a question, but Luke simply couldn't figure out what else to say. He didn't feel guilty or bad under your burning look with a half-naked bartender by his side. He didn't feel like he wanted to launch himself towards you, wipe the tears off of your face, kneel down and apologise until his knees bled and his eyes dried out of tears.

"You cheating bastard," you started quietly, walking up to the two of them. Luke instinctively stretched out his arm around the girl's waist, as if to protect her from whatever you were about to do.

Your eyes quickly flicked away from his face and to his arm protectively covering his lover. "You bitch," you glanced up at the girl that was clearly neither scared of you, nor confused as to who you were. "You know he's married." It was an obvious statement, but if you would've let it simply flow around in your head any longer, you knew you would've exploded. "You know, I would call you a slut, but you're not even that. You're a home wrecking whore. You can sleep around as much as you fucking want, but make sure the assholes that buy into the stupid image of whatever this is," you gestured up and down her, "do not have pregnant wives-"

"What?"

"Congratulations, you've got him all to yourself. I fucking hope he will cheat on your pregnant ass whenever he'll get a chance and you'll get to feel what it's like to lose a husband and the father of your child. I wish you all the fucking best when your relationship goes down the drain and you're left with a fucking baby sucking on your tits all fucking day." You spat out and were just about to yank the door open, when Luke spoke up again.

"You're not actually pregnant."

"Does this look fucking fake to you?" you lifted up your shirt to show you obviously grown belly. "Did the fucking children toys in the house make no fucking sense in your dumb fucking head? Better have the signed divorce papers by next week or I'll fucking sue your stupid ass so bad, you'll live under your little skank's bed." All Luke heard was the bell on the door ring again, when his girlfriend's soft lips pressed against the skin of his shoulders and he fucked her so good that both of their legs shook for half an hour afterwards, neither of them thinking of you.

- 5 years later -

"We have sweets at home, we don't need any more, now do we?" you asked your little boy, who was now almost 5 years old and holding a packet of gummy bears in one hand and a plush toy in the other. "Let's go get some more apples instead, okay?" you tried again, as he dropped the packet, and ran off to the fruit section yelling 'APPLEEES' throughout the whole store.