Second Chances pt. 3

After a few bad impressions and awful attempts at singing the old classics, the children came to sing together with you all and you remembered something you'd always planned on showing the band someday.

"Oh my gosh! Theo, baby, do you maybe want to show dad how you can sing your favourite song?" you asked your son, handing Theo a karaoke mic. He felt a bit shy as he looked over everyone, "What song do you want me to play for you?" you asked squatting next to him.

He whispered shyly in your ear and you played She's Kinda Hot on the karaoke. The song was released a few years ago, but you still loved it and Theo somehow got really into it, asking you to play it whenever you were listening to some old-school 5SOS.

Theo was a little bit shy at first, so you encouraged him by singing along with him, when Calum also joined for his verse. You looked over at Luke, who either didn't know how to react or felt completely unimpressed by the whole show. Ashton and Michael joined them both to sing the chorus, and as the guitar riff came along, Theo was jamming out real hard, using the big microphone as a guitar and throwing his head back and forth. He basically sang the whole song with the boys joining in with him and everybody found it hilarious, especially because he still didn't really know all the words and couldn't even pronounce some parts. You simply sat back, glancing over at Luke, who was now completely amazed, his lips slightly open, but still perked up into a smile. He shot you a look of complete shock, when Theo lifted one of his legs up, still holding a microphone as a guitar, mimicking what his dad does on stage.

Everybody started clapping for him, as you laughed, lifting your shoulders into a shrug, "I didn't teach him that," you said, when everyone's, including Luke's, smiley faces looked over at you.

"How did he learn to do that, then?" Ashton quizzed, a cheerful giggle escaping his lips.

Your shoulders lifted again with a laugh, "He'd watched a million videos of Luke," Luke felt like a knife was jabbed into his lungs repeatedly, oxygen unable to reach his system. "And I don't know, one day I was just playing some old 5SOS and I caught him doing that while singing along. I thought it was super cute and wanted to show you that ever since," you finished with a chuckle, as your eyes settled on Luke. Although he seemed happy, there was a slight touch of sadness in his features, as he gnawed on his lip ring, but his eyes never leaving yours.

After his first performance, Theo just couldn't drop the mic down, so you passed the karaoke fun to the kids, as everyone settled back around the table. It took them barely an hour to start mucking around you guys, asking to be held in the comfort of your hands as they drifted in and out of sleep.

"Okay, we better get going, then, 'cause mommy's not gonna carry you home," you said standing up, when Theo asked to sit on your legs by the table, his eyelids too heavy to stay open for any longer.

"I can take him," Luke quickly let out, shooting up from his seat along with you.

"Take him where?" you asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"I mean, I can take him now, if you want. I can hold him. Or I can carry him home for you, too." Luke let out with a soft shrug, his lip ring finding its way to his mouth again.

"Oh, I'm not sure - Theo, would you like your dad to carry you home?" you asked your sleepy son softly, as he shook his head with a little frown. "He probably just wants to be with me, because that's the way he's used to. It's nothing big, I - I'm sorry..." you trailed down looking back up at Luke. You didn't mean to hurt him, but you still noticed how his expression fell at your words, softly nodding before speaking up again, "Obviously, yeah. I'm a stranger to him," Luke nodded once more, as if trying to get that into his own head.