Second Chances pt. 2

Over two weeks has passed and you still haven't heard anything from Luke. It was a beautiful day and you decided to go for a quick browse through the shops, taking Theo along with a promise of going to an ice cream shop. You were queuing and picking out which flavours you wanted, when you heard a couple very familiar voices behind you, "Well well well, if it isn't the runaway wife."

You turned around and found yourself extremely surprised that the scathing words came from the people you once considered family. Calum and Ashton stood there, tall and proud as ever, scornful smiles decorating their faces and you felt one creeping up on your own lips, your head shaking slightly at them.

"Lost your vocal abilities?" Ashton cocked an eyebrow at you, his attitude making no sense in your mind, his bubbly and loving personality seeming like a fantasy in front of his cold expression in the shop.

"Don't have much to say to people who turned on me." You simply let out, your eyebrow shooting up along with a comeback.

"Didn't see much reason in sticking around someone who'd just walk all over somebody they swore eternal love to," you heard Michael's voice as he appeared by Ashton's side.

You let out an awfully sarcastic laugh, "Why'd you stick with Luke, then?" You shook your head once more, "Can't believe he'd fuck with you like that. What lies has he been feeding you?" you challenged with a sarcastic smirk and a cocked eyebrow. "Did he happen to mention him cheating or me having his child all by myself?"

You heard them all snort. "You don't have a fucking kid with him." Calum shot back, clearly not seeing any children around you.

"Theo, honey. Come over here, please." You addressed the little boy they saw sitting by the table, playing with a phone. He jumped off of the chair and hurried over to you, a smile decorating his little face as he did.

You put your hand on his shoulder and glared at the trio in front of you. "This is my son Theo. He'll be five in three months." The way you cocked your head to the side and a proud smirk on your face kicked all the doubts out of the boys' heads – this was Luke's kid.

"I got him four months after the divorce and Luke hasn't contacted us since. Except for a couple of weeks ago, when we accidentally bumped into him at the store and he promised he'll call," a smile dropped off of your face. "He hasn't," you added through gritted teeth, keeping your tone monotonous.

You let your son walk back to the table, when you placed your order and waited for the two cones to be handed to you. "He looks just like Luke," you heard the boys whisper in between themselves, not entirely convinced if they should believe you.

"Who's the hottie we're whispering about?" you heard another familiar voice ask the trio in a mockingly hushed tone.

You swiftly turned around to be faced with a blond boy. "Is that how you're calling me now?" cocking your head to the side, you gave him a sarcastic smile.

Luke only gaped at you, his mouth hanging open in surprise at seeing you. You noticed a small black-haired girl appear next to him and wrap her arms around his waist. His head snapped at her quickly as if he'd completely forgotten he came here with a date.

You watch him stare at the girl, as a sarcastic smile on your face changed into an evil one. "Luke, why don't you say hi to your son? Theo, baby, look, your dad is here, come say hello," you hissed staring straight at Luke's face, who seemed as petrified as ever. Clearly, the girl didn't know about neither your existence as Luke's ex-wife, nor the fact that he has a son he'd abandoned years ago.

Theo jumped off of his seat and came running towards you, his face beaming. "Hello!" the boy exclaimed, and Luke's eyes shifted down to look at the little person he'd met only two weeks ago. "Hi," he breathed weakly, while the girl tugged on his shirt, tens of questions running around in her confused mind.