Second Chances pt. 9 - Michael

You fluttered your eyes open in the morning for a short while before closing them again, the feeling of Luke's arm draped around your waist, tugging you closer to his body, brought a soft smile on your face.

It only took you a second to realise what was actually happening – Luke in your bed in the morning after a passionate night you'd just spent with him, his arm around you and his soft breathing onto your neck, both of yours son in the next room – and your eyes shot open. You sat up in bed, immediately turning to look at Luke, who only seemed to be waking up just then.

He only opened one eye to look at you, a small smile turning his lip corners up at the memories of last night, as he mumbled a soft 'good morning' before tugging you closer to himself. But you didn't budge, sitting straight and staring at him, your mind running with thoughts of what will happen now.

And only after the warmth of your body didn't come back next to him for a few minutes, did Luke finally open up his eyes to take a better look at you. He sat up, brushing the hair out of your face, "What's wrong, babe?" Luke breathed, his voice low and croaky, his eyes inspecting you, but a soft smile still on his lips.

No matter how much you wanted to look down at his bare chest and his barely covered naked body in front of you, your eyes stayed focused on his, a terrified expression on your face.

Luke didn't turn his eyes away, your silence bringing out all his fears, no matter how hard he tried to push them away. "Why you –" he tried, but cut himself off with a sudden drop of his hand from your face and to his lap, his fears overtaking his thoughts. "You want me to leave?" he whispered, staring right at your expression, his words not sounding like a question, but still in need of your confirmation.

But all you could do that moment was stare back at him, your mouth was frozen shut, but your mind was burning with thought. And yet, you stayed still in bed, while Luke turned his eyes away, getting out from underneath the sheets and picking up his clothes. "But you –" he turned around with a sigh, his jeans already pulled over his legs, "But you said you – you said you wanted me," Luke looked at you, his eyebrows furrowed, hoping for a positive answer.

But you only swallowed at his words, your throat dry and your eyes darting down to look away in thought. Luke only snickered at you, while shaking his head in disappointment, simultaneously picking up the T-shirt off of the ground.

You got out of bed and walked to stand in front of Luke, knitting your eyebrows in worry, "Luke, I don't want you -," you sighed, lifting your eyes up to look at him, while his eyes were running around in search for his socks. "I don't want you to leave," you finished, your eyes following him wherever he went. "Luke," you said a little louder, when his face didn't show any acknowledgement of your words. "Luke, I don't want you to go," your voice was now stern, bringing him to stop in his tracks and look over at you.

"You know, it didn't seem that way a minute ago. You need to decide what the fuck you want, 'cause I'm not here to be one of your casual fucks," he retorted, trying to walk past you and to the hall.

"You're not one of my casual fucks," you were confused as to what he was referring to, but you kept talking anyway, "I invited you yesterday, because that was what I wanted. You were what I wanted," you added in, looking up to his eyes.

"And this morning you suddenly had a change of heart?" he sounded like he was mocking you and it threw you off for a second, but you only blinked at his words a few times before shaking your head no.

"I want you. Still. I want you to stay and I want you to be with me, it's just - " you let out a small breath, turning your gaze away from him.

Luke stared at you blankly for some time, furrowing his eyebrows. "It's just what?"