Chapter 6

When I woke up, I was  excited, but also a bundle of nerves. What if I'm not ready to be  pushed really hard? What if I look like an idiot during drills? I thought to myself.

I pushed the thoughts out of my head, and started to get dressed. I waited a little while to wake Carly up because I woke up early anyway. I pulled on my t-shirt from Nationals last year, a pair of hot pink shorts, and my black and white Nike's. I put my hair up in a pony tail and put on a  white headband to keep back my fly aways. I finally grabbed my toothbrush, and headed down the hall to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Julie was already in there, brushing her teeth.

"Hey!" She said when I walked in.

"Hi," I said, and started to brush my teeth.

"So," she said as we were walking back to our rooms, "How'd you sleep?"

"Alright I, guess," I suddenly remembered the incident with Carly last night. I hoped she was alright.

"I'm kinda nervous about today..." Julie said.

"Why?"

"My tendonitis has been acting up, and I hope it doesn't get worse."

I certainly knew how that was. I had had my fair share of injuries, and I even had to skip my first oireachtas because of a broken foot. "Ah, I'm sorry Julie, I know that stinks, but if it really starts to bother you, you should definitely go see the nurse."

"Yeah, I guess so..."

When I got back to my room, Carly was ready to head down to breakfast, so I grabbed my dance bag, attached the dorm key to the outside, and headed down the stairs.

When we got into breakfast, I sat next to Julie again, and this time, we talked about injuries. It turns out we had experienced a lot of the same things!

I asked Julie what it was like to have her mom as her teacher.

"Mostly it's nice, like she can help me practice at home and stuff, but it can be annoying because she pushes me extra hard in class. But that's probably because she's wanted me to win worlds basically since I was born." I laughed. "I'm serious!" Julie said. "I've been home schooled my whole life because she thinks dance is the most important thing there is!" She started giggling a bit, too.

"I've been trying to convince my mom to home school me next year so I can dance more." I said. I noticed that Marie was glaring at me again. Why does she keep doing that?

You're being ridiculous, I thought to myself, she's probably just concentrating and happens to be looking at you. I shrugged it off, and before I knew it, breakfast was over.