Chapter 11

My first thought went to Taylor. Maybe she was behind my key missing too!
I marched over to her and kneeled down next to her.
"Ugh what is it, number 40?"
"Stop calling me that. Did you try to throw out my soft shoes?"
"No, I don't even know which bag is yours."
I shouldn't believe her, but something about her voice says she's telling the truth. But if it wasn't Taylor, then who did it?
I walked back to my bag and changed into my soft shoes, trying to push the thoughts from my head. Maybe my shoes got thrown out by mistake. I thought to myself, even though it was highly unlikely.
Michael had us each do our full reels one at a time, and then class was finally over. It turned out to not be as hard as I thought. I even felt stronger by the end!
The rest of the day went by without incident, and by the end of it I had convinced myself that the soft shoe thing was nothing to worry about.
The next day started out like usual, but in drills class we each did our full hornpipes one at a time instead of actual drilling.
Julie's dancing seemed to keep getting better, if that was even possible. You wouldn't have been able to tell she had any kind of injury.
I went straight after Julie. My hornpipe started with a huge click-
And then I hit the ground.