Chapter 13

[Author's note: Hi! Just a quick reminder that this story is entirely made up. My apologies if I used your name or your school name, it was completely unintentional!]

Who ever it was somehow heard me and Julie's conversation. The bathroom was just outside, so it wouldn't have been hard.
Heart pounding, I walked up to Julie to show the note to her. She gasped and pure fear filled her eyes.
"Ciara this isn't okay. You need to tell someone. You need to tell someone now." She grabbed my arm and started to drag me out.
"No! Julie, I can't!" I said. "Who knows what else this person could do to me if I tell someone? This is a warning, and seeing what they've done so far, I think we should listen."
"This is just too much, Ciara..."
"And besides, we don't have any proof to show the camp director that this is all from the same person! I already wiped the sock glue log my hard shoes, and they might think the key and soft shoe things were just accidents, and how am I supposed to prove this sticky note is genuine?" I whispered as more of the girls came closer.
"Ciara. You can either wait for them to break your leg, or you can tell someone and maybe this whole thing will end." Julie said, crossing her arms.
"I'm just really scared," I whimpered, wiping yet more tears from my face. Julie put her hands on my shoulders.
"It's going to be okay. We are going to figure this out. How about we go to the office straight after this class?"
I nodded hastily, and then we rejoined the line to do our second steps, and I was hardly holding back tears.
When class finally finished, I told Carly to tell our next instructor that Julie and I had to see the camp director.
"Okay. Why, though?" She asked. I couldn't tell her in front of everyone...
"Um... I'll tell you later..." I said as we left, leaving Carly looking hurt. I felt really bad, but for everyone's safety, it would be best to tell her later.
We headed back to the dorms, which had the camp office on the first floor. The camp director, Mrs. Palinsky, was sitting at her desk.
"Hi girls," she said cheerily, "can I help you with anything?"
"Um, yes. There have been lots of strange things happen during my week here. First my dorm key went missing, and then my soft shoes ended up in the trash can, and this morning I fell while dancing and there was sock glue on the bottom of my shoes.... And then I found this on top of my dance bag..." I handed her the sticky note, which was slightly wrinkled from me holding it for so long. Mrs. Palinsky looked at the note, and then looked back at me, eyes filled with both disbelief and suspicion.
And then Julie spoke up.
"I guess I'm just here to serve as her witness, I saw all this stuff happen and I can promise you that Ciara's not lying."
Mrs. Palinsky nodded. "I'm sure you girls understand how serious this situation is. I believe your story, and I promise you that we will get to the bottom of this. I or someone else will sit in on all of your classes to make sure nothing happens. Sound good?"
I nodded and then thanked her. She asked us a few more questions, and then we headed out to start free time, which was in place of our next class.
The other girls from group 6 were already back in their rooms.
I decided to check the mail pile in the dorm lobby to see if I got anything. My name was on the group 6 mail list, meaning I had gotten mail. I sorted through the pile and found an envelope that said Ciara Sullivan on the front. No return address or anything, just my name.
Confused, I slowly opened the envelope to reveal a simple card that said Thank You on the front. I opened it up, and there were just a few words: So I heard you told the camp director? Fair enough, we're going to play a little game...