Chapter 6

((A/n: Now time for problems at home!))

"Moooom!" I called, pushing through the doorway tiredly and slipping off my shoes. "I hast returned to the dwelling of the (l/n)s!"

I dropped my hoodie and climbed up the stairs like a zombie. I was sooooo tired.

I had had 3 different tests, a giant study session in History, and not to mention having to get a gummy worm through a gummy lifesaver in math.

Using giant paperclips.

In a cup.

I trudged toward my bedroom and heard hushed voices arguing. I crept up to my parents' bedroom door and heard them clearer.

"You can't keep doing this (d/n)!" I heard my mom snap.

"Don't tell me what to do!!"

I winced and crept away. Again. My parents where fighting again.

They seemed to be doing it a lot lately, more than usual. Usually they would have a spat and ignore each other a couple of days, but they had been fighting for two weeks now.

I walked into my bedroom and plopped down, getting on my computer. I replied to a couple things and tried messaging Tracy and Wally.

Hi.

I wrote to both of them. I waited. Nothing. I finally got sidetracked with YouTube and an hour later heard my mom calling.

"Dinner time!!"

I ran down the stairs and hopped into my seat at the table. Mom had made (f/f).

"Yum!!" I stacked my plate high and mom and dad got their bits.

Dinner was unusually quiet with a lot of mom and dad glaring at eachother.

Everything's gonna be fine...
I thought, until I saw mom's hand. She always wore her wedding ring. Even when they were fighting.

She didn't now.

I stared at her hand and felt dread fall into the pit of my stomach.

That couldn't mean anything good.