[9] striving for normalcy.

8; striving for normalcy.
"I'm better now."

✵✵✵

     Day Three. It's been a couple of days since the military rolled in. Octavia had spent the previous day with Nick, like she promised. They had spent their time at the pool behind their house. She guessed since everything's happened that is really the only thing anyone could do if they weren't assigned a task. It would depend on their occupation before the world changed- for her being a nurse.

She had woken up earlier today, getting back into the ring of things. She had helped with the washing of clothes, most hanging up to dry along the house. She had swapped from wearing her casual clothes to pairing it with a lab coat that she had in her bag.

A bandage was being wrapped around Griselda's ankle.

"You think it will be better soon?"

She sighs, taping the ends together, holding the bandage in place. Her eyes shifting to Daniel, "I hope so, we only have so much medicine. Unfortunately, they confiscated the medicine Brenda and I had. They are rationing it, only giving me little by little to help those in most need. Your wife is hurt, the infection is growing - I'm doing what I think is best for her recovery."

Griselda had watched her silently, before saying something in Spanish to her husband. Daniel had replied, turning to the young nurse. "She asks if you had anything more to relieve the pain at hand?"

Octavia nods, her bag was in her lap. She starts to look through it, going through needles, bags of medicines. She lifts one bag, loose pills inside. She knew this was aspirin. "I'll give you four for now. Take it with water, and please, if she feels any more pain; either get me or Liza. I hear Liza will be around today."

"And where will you be?" Daniel takes the pills, grabbing a cup of water and handing it to his wife.

She stands up, her bag looped around her chest. Her hands zipping it closed. "I have house visits to make. Unfortunately, your wife isn't the only one in need of medical attention. I just wish that the Lieutenant would get a doctor, I can't fix everything, but I can try."

She smiles softly, the woman had taken her pills. "Try and get better."

Daniel gave her a 'thank you', and Octavia had left the room. Her feet had lead her down the stairs and through the kitchen. Her focus interrupted by someone stepping in front of her blocking her way of leaving. Someone who was a soldier.

"Lucas, I really don't need you around to watch me." She tried to move around him, but he still cut her off. "Seriously. Just one day. One day alone without you hovering over me. I can do my job without you around. I did it just fine at the hospital."

Lucas shrugs his shoulders. Him turning around, and walking to the door.

Octavia lets out a deep sigh, her head turning to the kitchen where Liza was sitting with a coffee in hand. Everyone in the house was practically on lockdown. No one felt the need to leave. "Hey, Liza?"

The woman looks up, "Yes?"

"Do you mind tagging along?" She starts, her hand latching onto her bag's strap that was across her chest. She saw Liza give her son a look, setting her mug down in front of her. "I just - you did good with Griselda, you seem like you know your stuff. I just - I can't go from house to house by myself. Another pair of hands would be nice, you know?"

"Of course." Liza nods, her sending the girl a soft smile. She nods her head to the room she as staying in. "Let me just get ready, and I'll meet you outside."