[10] escaping the fence.

8; escaping the fence .
"I can keep a secret. Can you?"

✵✵✵

      It was only day five. Octavia had grown used to the overbearing use of her lab coat, pretending and actually knowing the reality of people's injuries. One by one, someone had bound to become restless. Some were staying far from the soldiers, some were making friendly conversations. And, yeah, she was talking about Travis on the latter. It irked her how much he seemed to trust her. It annoyed her how he opens up to the Lieutenant like the man was bound to have answers at the ready, or answers that he thought of well before he was asked. It was like the man knew what to say, everything from him mouth was like word of gospel. Many people started turning to him for approval, like he was some pharaoh or king. She may be exaggerating, but that's how she felt about him.

Besides the Lieutenant, Travis had made himself as some kind of 'mayor' - since he had such close relations to the soldiers and he actually knew everyone in the community.

Octavia was doing house to house calls. Making sure anyone and everyone was covered by either morphine or a simple bandage replacement. With Liza's help it actually got more people covered, and less stress on her shoulders in having to deal with everyone at once.

And even though two days have passed, her mind hasn't changed about going outside the fence. She's been watching the soldiers, who is guarding the fence at what time, and seeing a weak spot in the fence. But, she had enough of common sense to not cut the fence open. Whatever they were trying to keep out obviously had something to do with the 'infected'. She had actually found a spot in the corner of the fence. It wasn't big, but it was enough to get her through.

There was a generator there. If she can climb on top of it, she could climb over the fence and land on the other side. To get back into the locked area, she had already thought of that. The fence wasn't flowing with electricity, the holes inside the fence was big enough for her to climb up. If things turn that route, she would have to climb up the fence and over it. She just has to be undetected during that time. Which she knew that a time during the day, around 1 (which was nearing now), was the perfect time to go. She just needed someone to know that.

The house was fairly in a normal state.

Alicia and Madison are talking. Saying something about painting the walls around the door. There was still an amount of blood staining where Peter had his head blown in.

Liza was out doing house-calls, Travis was out jogging like everything just normal as all get out. Daniel was upstairs with his wife, he would come down sometimes to teach Chris a thing or two about guns. Other than that, she noticed Chris would always have his camera at hand, heading up to the roof. She could tell he wanted to be a film person outside of all this. She had actually would catch him recording her, or when she's with someone - whether that be Nick, or a 'patient'. He was documenting everything, and she let him. He needed something to do to ease his mind.

Ofelia is always around the neighborhood, talking with that soldier. Octavia was still iffy about that, not really sure if that is a smart move on her part. Then that leaves Nick. The one person in this place that she could seriously trust and confide in. He was her confidant.

She heads upstairs, her feet softly pounding on each step as she reached the top. She moves towards the door to the room, opening it and found him asleep.

"Seriously?" She mutters, her eyes pausing in mid-roll as she closes the door behind her. It didn't make a noise to wake him up. Her feet glided towards him, her stopping at his side of the bed.