Chapter 5 The talk W/CPS & Police

Dad's P.O.V.

I dial in CPS ( child protection services) number. They answer and I'm feeling a bit  scared to the point of my mind going blank. Then they say c'mon say something or were hanging up then I say something.

The phone call

"Hi" said dad "I'm calling to tell you about an incident that happened with my daughter while she was visiting her mom".

"Ok sir what happened?" Asked the person on the phone. "My daughter's mom was drinking while my daughter was visiting and cause she was drinking she was also abusing her." Answered dad.

"Ok sir I just have a few questions for you." Said the person on the phone. "Ok no problem." Said dad. Ok first one, "Is this your ex wife who your daughter was visiting?" "Yes" said dad. Ok second one, "Does your daughter usually have someone visiting with your daughter such as a child protection person." "Yes said dad always except for this last time" said dad.

"Ok then that was their mistake to do that." Ok then third question, "Does your ex wife have any criminal records?" Asked the person on the phone. "No she does not." Said dad. Ok last question, "Did your daughter tell you about the abusing and drinking or did you find out by marks and assumed drinking?" Asked the person on the phone.

"My daughter told me the day after the visit." Said dad. "Ok I'll call the police and see what they want to do and then I'll call you back." Said the person on the phone.

"And if it came to this would you be able to go to court?" "Yes absolutely." Said dad. Ok one more question, "Is this the first time that this happened?" Asked the person on the phone. "Yes as far as I know said dad." "Ok I'll give you a call when I have your information." Said the person on the phone.

Marline's and dad's P.O.V.

Marline came in the kitchen and asked "What is going to happen."
"I told CPS the information and they said that they would call the police and see what they want to do then give me a call back and tell me what's gonna happen" said dad.

"Ok so will we have to go to court?" Marline asked. "Well that is possibility" dad said. "How is it a possibility?" Asked Marline. "It's a possibility because they asked me if I had to go to court would it be okay and I said yes." Said dad.

"Would I have to talk in court?"
Asked Marline. "Not if you don't want to said dad it's all up to you hun." "Ok daddy thx." Said Marline.