Chapter 7 Court

2 days later............

Dad's & Marline's P.O.V.

Marline can you please come down here? Asks dad. Yes. Marline says. Ok Marline do you need help to pick out your outfit for today? Asks dad.

Why what's today? Asks Marline. It's court today dad says kinda mad that Marline forgot. Oh said Marline I didn't know that was today I thought it was in two weeks.

Oh no no said dad. So do you need help? Asks dad. Yeah said Marline. Ok I'll help you then we'll go on our way. Says dad. Ok says Marline.

1 hour later.....

Ok Marline are you ready? Asks dad. Yeah said Marline. Ok then get in the car and we'll be on our way.

Court

We are here today because of Marlines mother abusing her daughter right? Asks the judge. Yes says dad and mom at the same time.

Ok so dad I want you to tell your side of the story first. Ok so my daughter was in the car with me and I asked her how her day went with her mom and she said that it was good but I had a feeling she was lying to me and she was the next day she told that she lied to me and I asked her what happened and she told me that her mom had abused her and that's when I told her I would call CPS and that's what has brought us here.

Ok says the judge now mom I want your side of the story Marline was acting up when she was visiting me alone and I thought the right to do would be to hit her cause she was being naughty said mom. Ok so you think when your kid is being naughty the right thing to do is to beat her? Asks the judge. Yes says mom.

Ok then says the judge thank you for your side of the story now I want you to answer my question and honestly. Ok says mom. We're you drinking the day Marline visited you? Yes says mom. Ok thank you.

Now Marline sweaty can you come here and I want to whisper some questions in your ear is that ok? Asks the judge. Yes says Marline. Ok so what did you do to make your mom mad? I did not do anything but played with my dolls like a normal little girl would do. Marline answers. Was your mom drinking the night you visited? Yes says Marline. Ok one last one do you want to visit your mom in the future? Yes says Marline but only if she's not drinking and when she is better and not abusive like she was that one night she was with me and I want someone to be there with me for protections. Says Marline. Ok the judge says thank you sweetie you can go sit down with your daddy now thank you for your answer.

Ok the judge says I have made my final decision mom you will serve jail for 35 years without the chance of parole for child abuse and when you get our you will be on probation which means no drinking and when your off probation you will not be allowed to drink around Marline and Marline will have someone with her when visiting you. Ok case served says the judge.

Marline & dad's P.O.V.

Marline honey do you like what the judge decided on the decision for your mom? Asks dad. Yes says Marline but she was asking some weird questions dad do you know why daddy? Asks Marline.

It was probably to help on to decide what your mom's final penalty would be or to see if she was lying about anything. Ok daddy thanks I can't wait to get home and go to bed. But daddy will I get to visit her when she is in jail? Yay if you want but I have to be with you. Says dad. Ok honey were home take a shower, put your jammies on, and go to bed ok sweetly pies.

Yeah sure dad but can you read me a book before I go to bed? Ask Marline. Yeah sure says dad but first get ready for bead and then I'll read you a story before you go to bed.

*************************

Thanks you all who are reading my story I really appreciate it plz comment on what you thinks going to happen next and how you like my stay and if theirs any changes or anything I should add to it. Thanks y'all and plz vote, comment, and share.

- Emily