Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"I am so sorry." I apologised as I pushed myself up and got off the floor.

"It's alright, hey I haven't see you in a while." Jason said as I put my head down.

"Yeah things have been different; me and Danny are going swimming after school today, you can come if you want and you can bring another person with you. You don't have too come but you totally can." I said as I rushed my sentence. Jason simply laughed and accepted my invitation.

I walked to the P.E. changing rooms and entered the sweat smelling room. I walked over to my familiar cubby hole and placed my bag in. As I started getting undressed the door opened, my eyes watched as Nathan passed me.

"Hey." He said to Danny as he passed him and merely nodded at me, I think I detected a smile but his grim face gave little away.

Freddy walked into the changing rooms and slapped Danny on the ass as he passed him and went to sit by Nathan.

"Hey. Do you know what we're doing in P.E. today?" I asked Danny. "Um yeah. We're doing cross country practice I think. I sighed as I made my way out of the changing rooms and into the gym.

**********

"Okay everyone. I believe yous all know how to do this. When you hear the whistle you can start and I presume everyone knows the course?" He asked the class and we all nodded.

The whistle sounded and we were all off. We all started running as a class and then I fell back to the middle of the group to join Danny.

We ran in silence as the multiple breaths filled the air.

We started running past the janitors area and were soon running into the forest. The green trees provided a cool shade compared to the burning son.

I felt the leaves crunch under my feet and heard the twigs crunch. The birds whistled as the class separated into multiple pairs and groups.

I seemed to lose Danny along the way and was instead running by myself.

I felt my left foot go down and my body keep going forward. I saw the dirt as my head came closer and felt the hard force of the ground.

My leg stung in pain and my head pounded. I felt my eyelids being forced down and my view was submerged in darkness.

**********

"Mr Cooper. Can you hear me? Do you know where you are?" A lady with a soft voice asked as she shone a mini torch into my eye. "Mr Cooper. Do you know where you are?" The lady repeated with the same tone of voice.

I opened my eyes and my view was instantly submerged with white.

The lady that was talking to me dark jet black hair that contrasted against her white surroundings.

"Do you know where you are Mr Cooper?" The lady asked again, a little more impatiently.

"Hospital." I said barely as my dry throat made it hard for me to talk. She nodded before she grabbed a clipboard at the end of my bed.

I looked to my left and saw a machine with cords connected to it. I followed one of the cords with my eyes and watched as it lead into my arm. I panicked as I waited for the nurse to arrive back.

The nurse arrived back and I instantly asked. "Why have I got this cord in my arm?" I asked the nurse as I looked down at the cord and watched a liquid like substance flow through. "Oh that. That's an anaesthetic drug to numb your pain." She answered.

"What pain?" I asked as I felt completely fine. "Oh, that's a really good anaesthetic then, you broke your leg." I panicked when I heard her response and yanked the blanket off my bed and saw my left leg encased in a charcoal black cast.

My breath hitched in my throat as I remembered my leg going down a hole of some sort, and then fainting. I touched my forehead in remembrance of hitting the ground. I felt a coarse substance against my hand as I traced my hand over my forehead.

The nurse stood in silence to the side of the bed as she watched me feel my wounds. I sighed as I placed my hands over my head. "Samuel. Excuse me; do you know where Mr Cooper is?" I heard my mother call outside of my room.

Someone must've given her directions because she burst through the doors with red cheeks and rushed to my bedside. "Oh my baby." She said as she wrapped her arms around me.

I stayed in her embrace for a long time. I felt a tear roll down my face as she comforted me. "What's wrong Sammy?" She asked as she wiped away the tear. "Why do bad things always happen to me?" I responded

A/N

Awww poor Sammy ;-;

Vote/Comment/Follow

-YOP