Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Nathan's P.O.V

"So I don't want to pressure you into going back to school tomorow, but I think it'd be in your best interest to attend school; but no pressure." Catherine asked me while I sat at the kitchen table.

"Hey mum what's for brea-" Samuel stopped mid sentence and lays his eyes on me. "Breakfast." He finishes off and limps into the dining room.

"Um I made some cheese sauce and bread sticks, they're on the stove in the kitchen; help yourself." Catherine instructed in a loving motherly tone.

"Um okay." I replied to Catherine. She looked at me confused and tilted her head to the side. "I'll go back to school tomorow." I reminded her and she nodded agreeingly.

"Okay I'll contact the school and let them know that you're coming back." Catherine announced excitedly and started standing up.

"Oh and I have a favour to ask of you." Catherine looked at me pleadingly and I nodded. "Would you mind going to the mall with Samuel; I would go but I have a lot of paperwork to do, and Samuel can't go by himself since he's...broken." Catherine reminded me.

"Great!" Catherine announced excitedly before I could protest.

Samuel walked into the kitchen and placed his bowl of cheese and plate of bread sticks down on the opposite side of the table from me.

"So mum said that you're taking me to the mall." Samuel broke the silence and I nodded in agreement. "Uh yeah; I have to go get dressed." I stood up and started making my way to the staircase.

**********

"Here's $150 dollars. Buy yourself anything you want and please help Samuel if he can't reach certain items." Catherine instructed to me as Samuel hobbled over to the car.

"Of course I will." I reassured her as she pulled me into a hug.

"Okay have fun." Catherine said as she ushered me out of the door and closed it. I made my way over to the car and entered into the driver's side.

"Okay you ready?" I asked Samuel. He nodded and turned his head to look out the window. I followed his gaze and tried to find the interesting view, but the mailboxes failed to amaze me.

I started to reverse out of the driveway and onto the road. I reached my hand towards the knob on the radio and felt Samuel's hand rub against mine.

"Sorry." He apologized and retreated his arm back. "Um it's fine." I reassured him. I started twisting the knob and the familiar sounds of Rihanna filled my ears.

"Breathe out, breathe in
American oxygen
Every breath I breathe
Chasin' this American Dream
We sweat for a nickel and a dime
Turn it into an empire
Breathe in, this feeling
American, American oxygen.

American oxygen
Breathe in, this feeling
American, American Oxygen

Oh say, you see, this is the American Dream
Young girl, hustlin'
On the other side of the ocean
You can be anything at all
In America, America
I say, can't see
Just close your eyes and breathe." The familiar lyrics of Rihanna pumped out and her sweat singing filled my ears.

" Breathe out, breathe in
American oxygen." Samuel started humming. I looked towards him and he stopped his humming. "Sorry; I like humming." He informed me as he started to blush slightly.

"We sweat for a nickel and a dime
Turn it into an empire
Breathe in, this feeling
American, American oxygen." I sung and Samuel flicked his head towards me.

We looked at each other and started nodding our heads towards the beat. A smile made its way onto both of our faces as we waited for the chorus.

"AMERICAN OXYGEN
BREATHE IN, THIS FEELING
AMERICAN, AMERICAN OXYGEN." Me and Samuel belted out simultaneously.

We kept singing as we pulled into the carpark. An old lady looked at us strangely as we finished the song and turned off the car.

"So where are we going? Any particular stores?." I asked samuel; He shook his head and frowned. "Well what about the herbal essence stores. I need some more bathbombs." I watched Samuel's face light up slightly.

"Oh yeah well I might get some bathbombs. I've never used them before but...there's a first time for everything right?" Samuel buffed. I know he's lying but still continue to let him believe that I think he's not lying.

"Oh yes. First time." I stated quietly to myself and withheld the laugh that tickled at my throat.

A boy in a long blue shirt walked passed us and nudged Samuel to the side. His left crutch lifted off of the ground and he started titling slightly to the side. I gasp as he starts turning on his standing leg and he starts tilting. My eyes widen as I watch him fall.

A/N

Hey guys; please give feedback of the chapter. I want to know your ideas of the book ☺☺☺

Vote/Comment/Follow

-YOP