[2/8]

Warning: mention of vulnerable topics like alcoholic and domestic abuse. If you are sensitive to these topics please for your own sake, do not read.

Unjustified Obligations;

Deep within the dark, eerie alleys of the Republic city, the night life occurred, and those who lived it, were wide awake due to the alcohol that they continuously chugged down their throats. One glass after another, without a break, they ordered, threw money like one does with tissues when they have a never stopping running nose, and partied like there was no tomorrow. In other words, they were living the "YOLO SWIGGTY SWAGGTY SWAG" life. Albeit there were those who cherished this life style, and idolized it, among the majority of these "living the life" people, few wished they never entered this cursed rigid life style in the first place. It seemed like the perfect life style during their adolescent years, however now, they regretted every minute of it. Among these few was a young person that went was known as [Name].

In a small street, where side foot path lights which hovered above the footpath and buildings, lights flickered on and off similarly to a horror movie. Bugs swarmed around the flickering lights, and the street was deafening silent. On the footpath, [Name] who had a little too much to drink than her body's capacity, stumbled on the footpath, swaying in various directions as she walked. Simultaneously, she limped, hiccuped, talked gibberish, as a few mosquitoes bit her exposed skin.

"I go home now, yay~" The woman slurred, as she hiccuped. "How fun~! First, I have to tolerate those wankers disgusting words, get harassed, walk alone to hell aka my homeeeee~ THE JOY~" She screamed grinning madly, as she threw her hands in the air. Then, she hiccuped once more, as she laughed dryly.

"The joy of getting beaten up," She murmured under her breath, as she stumbled upon a corner of the footpath, only for her vision to be invaded by blinding lights. When this happened, the [H/C] female hissed in distaste as she shaded her eyes with the back of her hand. [Name] continued to walk while she hissed, and her eyes were covered. She took a few steps, before she tripped on a rubbish bag on the street, and the female went flying down, as she screamed. However, before she could bust her face on the ground and worsen the bruises that painted her skin, but were hidden by layers of make up, strong arms wrapped around her waist. She hit a person's chest, and dare she say, she wished she hit the ground instead because the person's chest was hard as a rock, harder than concrete that she wished she fell on.

When these strong pairs of arms slightly tightened around her waist to secure her footing, [Name] felt a shiver run through her spine as if something bad was to happen. The [H/C] female screamed and raised her hand to slap the person who caught her, screaming, "GET AWAY FROM ME!"

The person dodged her slap by ducking as an expression of surprise overtook their features. They released their hold on [Name], and went behind her, an arm wrapping around her waist once again.

"Wow [Name], calm down there. You sure have grown to be spunky," A voice remarked, causing the [H/C] female to freeze. She became still as a frozen statue, every muscle, ever fidget in her body coming to a halt. Everything around her stopped, as her brain went blank.

There was only one thing that [Name] could do. This was utter the word, "B-Bolin?"

The said male grinned, as he gently turned the woman in his grasp towards him. Then, gently, ever so tenderly as if she was the most delicate being in the world, he carefully brushed a strand of her hair away from her eyes, and settled his hand on her chin. When he did this, the woman within his grasp stopped mid-inhale, her breath stopping momentarily. It was if she had forgotten how to breath because with a minute, tender touch, he caused her mind to go in a frenzy as her thought to be a forever cold being, was enveloped with warmth. This warmth was the warmth she missed, she yearned, she cherished, she wished she didn't lose. This warmth that she wished to feel was finally here, and after such a long time, she felt herself desiring it more just like the first time she did.

However, she knew that this angelic warmth could never be hers once again. And so, when the Earthbender before her was about to speak, he could not, because she had jumped on him, hugging him tightly, clinging onto him, never wishing to let go. This surprised the black-haired male, and he was about to tell her that they couldn't be seen in their current position, however she interrupted him.

"Please," She begged, tears beginning to stream down her face.

"Please just for a bit, just for a bit, let me hold you. Please don't tell me to let go. Just please let me hold you for a bit. Just a bit," She muttered, clutching tightly onto his clothes, her nails scratching against his clothed skin.

Bolin felt his heart drop due to the sight of his love before him. He frowned and furrowed his eyebrows, before he gently settled his hand against on her back, saying, "Okay." The gentleness, and the kindness within his voice caused her eyes to widen, and tears fell down her face once again.

Two separated lovers living in agony without each other, two beings from two different worlds... In this life, their love wasn't enough to win against the world.

Bolin blamed himself for her situation and wished that the jewels within her eyes never shaken his heart the way they did, because it was his fault, that the ever-lasting jewels within her eyes weren't shining like they did before.