[4/8]

A Caged Mockingbird's Song;
"By day she was a caged bird, and by night she was a Mockingbird who did nothing but sing her heart out, in her delicate melodic voice for others, but mostly for herself."

As a young child, life was very cruel for [Name] [Surname]. Like most humans her age, her ten-year-old was not filled with essence of innocence, laughter, and joy. Instead, it was flecked with horrors of orders, rudeness, and unjustified obligations.

For a good number of years of her life, she grew up as an orphan, homeless on the streets of Republic city. Everyday, she had to hunt and try her best in order to fill her basic human needs to survive. However, duration of this seemingly difficult period, she at least had her own freedom, because one day when she was out scavenging food in a trash can, the small girl was humming. Her humming had caught the attention of a successful business woman, who had instantly approached her, marveled by her voice. That was the day this woman entered her life, offered her a job, which at that time, was the best moment for the innocent small girl. And of course, she had instantly gleefully accepted the chance to live a decent life. At at that moment, [Name] thought it was the best decision of her life. Que, thought because now, the innocent ten-year old female who had just become an adult, hated for ever taking the bribe.

She hated her current life, which she thought would open many opportunities for her. Mostly, she hated the gifted talent many loved her for, because that was the reason why she lived the way she did; caged within the chains of authority, forced to sing against her own will. This was because if she didn't, like a caged Mockingbird that she was, she would be killed, and rendered of hope for ever retaining her freedom ever again. For not being able to do what she wanted, [Name] hated her life, and mostly her voice which was the core of the reason why she had become a flightless bird.

The [H/C] female opened her eyes, breathing heavily. When she did so, lights flashed, blinding her, causing her to bite her tongue in distaste. But by now, she was use to it, like the way she was use to cringing at her own voice, while others marveled at it.

She puckered her small lips, before she opened them widely, and naturally, her words began to flow out of her mouth, forming their own unique melody. Simultaneously, a black-haired male, drunk and tear-eyed stumbled within the small pub, a string of noodle hanging out of his nose. This was because a few moments ago, he saw his brother kiss the girl he fell in love with. This itself was double the betrayal he felt in comparison to what he would have, if she kissed another guy that wasn't his brother.

The moment he stumbled within the club, a waiter approached him.

"Sir, how many table- ah!" The Waiter screamed, as the black-haired male, better known as Bolin, fell on the guy, squinting his eyes. He tapped the waiter's nose, while in a slurry voice he said, "I hate you Mako!"

The waiter, confused and scared due to the continuous poking he felt on his nose, tried to pry Bolin off him. Of course, he was unsuccessful because the Earthbender on top of him was much more stronger than he was.

Bolin continued to indulge within his sorrow while he repeatedly bothered the waiter, however, he stopped doing so when he heard a melodic voice, a chorus of beautiful words that sounded like innocent chirps of birds enter his ears. Now, the charismatic male would have savored the music to his ears only if it didn't sound so... sad.

Instantly, the male turned his head towards the source of his sound, and when he did, he felt his breath hitch. The young maiden before him, who sang was an absolute striking beauty. Well, she looked average but not within Bolin's eyes. Within his eyes, she was perceived as a majestic beauty, and when she sang, Bolin swore he saw a pair of invisible wings sprout out of her back. It was like a cycle; the more she sang, the wider he saw her wings sprout, and more he felt like he was the one floating due to her angelic voice. However, when her beautiful sorrowful song came to an end, the wings that Bolin saw were not pure as what he saw before. Her wings hung motionless in mid-air with chains attached to them. This caused his eyes to widen in horror. Right away, the black-haired male forgot about his sorrows, as a new ambition entered within his mind.

***

Weeks had passed and [Name] continued to live the life of a caged bird. Everyday, she could feel herself becoming sick and tired of her life on which she had no control over, and she wished nothing but to run away from her horrid, slave of a life. But with all these horrible events in her life, there was was a minute change within her life, a minute change that was about to become a drastic change.

Every night she sang, new people always entered the pub. Never in her six years of working at that pub, the same face entered back to back for more than two times in a row. Slowly but surely, she had began to notice the black-haired male who entered the pub everday, right before when she was about to perform. At first, he was a random, unimportant stranger. That was till one night when he had approached her. And when he did, he saw something that set fire of anger within his heart.

He had entered the club where [Name] sang, and when he was led to the backroom after her performance to meet her, he saw [Name] being whipped. However, within his eyes, it seemed as if the offender was whipping her wings, disabling her from truly spreading his wings. And like the rock which broke the cage setting the Mockingbird free, Bolin without thinking, had earth bended and sent pieces of rock flying at the offender, pushing the cage away from the bird.

This was the moment when [Name] had glanced back to see the savior that rocked her imprisoned world, and broke it to pieces, returning her the freedom she once had, as well as something else very special. This something special was the love that had yet to bloom within the caged - now free Mockingbird, and the rock that gave her her freedom.