Uninvited

Steve Rogers sat at the table in the newly rebuilt Avengers Tower scouring over files of his long thought dead best friend trying to think of where he would go. He knew it was Bucky who pulled him out of the river- he was conscious enough to tell that much- but he still had know idea where the possibly dangerous and slightly injured man could be.

He had even enlisted Tony's help, as much as Howard's son annoyed him. When asked, Tony muttered something about how the mighty Captain America couldn't even find his own boy-toy. Tony still has a bruise. Currently, Tony was having Jarvis scan all cameras near the D.C. area.

Steve was resting his head in his hands with his elbows on the table when Tony came in screaming like a banshee, " I found him! I found him- well, Jarvis found him, but I created Jarvis so basically same thing!"

Steve jumped up so fast his chair skidded to the opposite wall. "Where?" Steve yelled. He was given a whole new burst of energy when he heard the exclamation. Tony thought he looked like an excited puppy. Steve, seeing the look on Tony's face, knew he would be teased about it later.

"Grab your shield, Grandpa! He's at an abandoned warehouse. In Washington D.C. But we can be there in about....... Three hours if we leave now." Steve just glared at his nickname too busy with the new information to be too pissed with Tony.

Approximately three hours later Steve stood in full uniform in front of a large, rundown building. Tony was still in the Quinjet ready if Steve called for backup. The crunch of boots on the broken asphalt was the only audible sound. He slowly started to trudge his way to the warehouse to find the door broken down.

He tried his hardest to step over bits of broken glass and trash, but overall failed there was so much. He heard the quiet moan in the corner and raced over. He saw the crumpled figure that was Bucky and tried to see if he was okay. He quickly leaned over the now thrashing body trying to determine any injuries.

He quickly called in Tony, asking him to bring a sedative. Tony came running over with a needle in one hand and an iron hand complete with repulsor on the other. As he injected the anesthesia he quickly heard the disoriented assassin mutter one word. A name, it sounded like. "(y/n)"

---------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys. I really want to thank you for taking the time to read this story. This was just the prologue so actual chapters will probably be longer. Reader will actually be in the next chapter. Please comment and tell me what you think! Peace my lovelies!

Disclaimer: I own nothing except bits of the plot. All ownership goes to Marvel. And of course you own you!

BTW: (y/n) means your name.