Generosity

A/N: Warning for a makeout scene ;) but sadly they get interrupted.

 Loki didn't understand how the prophecy had hidden away in the depths of his mind. How Thor, the future king had pushed it out of his mind. She could become their savior or their downfall. No one, including James Barnes, would touch her.

-------------------------------------------------------

 "Oh shit, big kitty! Big kitty!" Tony screamed to the present avengers. "Why the hell would he give her a panther cub?" Tony shouted. It scrambled its way out of the box and strutted towards the group. It sat and regarded them with the arrogance of royalty. 

Sam narrowed his eyes and muttered, "Need to name it Loki Jr. if you ask me." Loki set his book in his lap and raised one perfect brow, while the rest of the avengers present snickered. 

"Is- is there a note? Anything? A tower in the middle of New York probably isn't the best home for an exotic cat-" As Steve was speaking, the panther in question jumped up towards the supersoldier, landing on Steve's khaki pants. Steve immediately blocked his face, but the panther just sat there watching him.

Tony stuck his hand in the crate and grasped for anything, surfacing with a piece of paper. He cleared his throat before reading, "I have left this cub with you for the girl. He is named Akili for intelligence, and young (Y/N) seems like she could be in need of a friend who is as silent as her.  Akili was captured for experimentation and as a result cannot return to the jungle. I trust in (Y/N) to take good care of him through his life, as they have shared very similar life experiences. I ask of whoever reading this, to take good care of (Y/N). She could use much kindness. I wish all of you good health, T'Challa. Maybe we should tell (Y/N) she has a new friend?" His hand lowered the letter, looking at Akili. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) woke up to the sight she never though she would see, James lying peacefully, without a worry line on his beautiful face. She sat up on folded knees, looking down at him. The overwhelming thoughts of freedom and the sight of peace in front of her caused a giggle to bubble over her lips. The winter soldier's eyes snapped open and upon seeing the beautiful girl in front of him, a smile pulled across his lips. "What's got you giddy doll?" he asked, the scratchiness in his throat causing his voice to come out rough.

A fire set across her cheeks as she twiddled with her fingers. "This could- this could happen every morning." Her vocal chords felt odd due to the absence of use, but she could be fine. Her and Bucky both. James reached out with his right arm and gently pulled her down until her head was resting against his heartbeat. 

Her eyes closed as she waited for his response to shove through the calming silence of the room. His hand fell in her hair and started stroking, as he spoke, "We can do this for the rest of our lives, if it's what you want." She looked up at him then, and saw clear adoration in his eyes. She slowly crawled upwards until their lips had an inch of space between them. 

"I would like that very much," she murmured until they both leaned into each other, their breaths emitting heat into the other's mouths. It was slow, unwavering, and their first. They were going to take their time. James wrapped his left arm around her back and slowly slid until he was on top of her, his tongue pushing into her mouth. He tasted traces of peppermint, and she could feel the smile on his lips. Just as her hands slipped under his shirt there was a knock at the door. Bucky jumped up, leaving a disheveled (Y/N) on the bed. She glanced into the mirror, and her eyes widened. Her hair was tousled, her cheeks were flaming, and her lips were swollen as if she had been stung. Natasha stood in the doorway, an accusatory look on her face. 

"There's a gift from T'Challa in the living room, but I can easily tell Tony you'd rather have the gift from Bucky first-" Bucky cut her off with a sarcastic laugh. 

"Ha ha ha, okay, leave her alone. We'll be down in a minute." Natasha raised an eyebrow before muttering a comment about protection. Her exit was chased by a fluffy pillow Bucky had thrown, but Natasha just caught it in her grip, laughing as she walked. 

Bucky turned around to see red flushed across (Y/N)'s face. "She wont tell everyone that we-" Bucky tutted and pulled her into his chest again.

"No she'll just save it to use against us, just try not to upset her and we should be fine. Besides she already seems highly protective of you anyway, so I doubt she's gonna embarrass you." (Y/N) nodded, before a smile popped onto her face.

"Did Nat say 'gift'?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) almost danced down to the living room. She was excited; she had not received a gift for years, even before she was taken. She thought back to T'Challa, he was kind, and seemed very wise despite his young age. He had gotten Loki to leave her alone, at the very least. She felt gooseflesh rise on her arms. Loki; there was something off about him, a coldness seemed to envelop his whole being, and the way his eyes sparked when he saw her, as if she was a fable he could read into and pick apart piece by piece. It scared her, how she did not even know if her abilities would help her, with him having sorcery on his side. Bucky took notice of the sudden deterioration of her good mood. 

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours, Doll?" he asked as he grabbed her hand, swinging it between them. He dragged his thumb over the top of her hand in repeated circles, until he could see the tension drop from her shoulders.

He watched as her smile spread again, "Just thinking about random things." After going years without hearing it, he could listen to her voice all his life. Which is exactly what he planned to do. 

They reached the living room and he could feel Thor's frown grow as he watched their hands swing, interlocked, between them. Tony came out carrying something behind his back, that seemed to be struggling? "Hey Pipsqueak, T left you a little gift!" The words scrambled out of his mouth as he pulled the gift from behind him. "His name's Akili"

Immediately a gasp left her mouth. He was beautiful, black fur was in starch contrast to the white whiskers adorning his face, white teeth clamped down onto Tony's armor that was only being worn on his arms. She reached out for him, bringing him into her arms. "Careful, he's a little aggress-" The cat which had previously been clawing and nibbling, was now snuggled into (Y/N)'s arms, effectively cutting Steve's warning off. Steve just let out a disgruntled sigh and collapsed onto the couch, the day's actions leaving him tired and thinking he should have just slept in the ice for a few more damn years.

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: You guys are so kind and patient, I am just so thankful.

As always, love Chrissy!