Memories

Loki didn't know why he found such pleasure in tormenting the girl. Maybe because it made the others throw a fit and that was always a fun time for him.

       He also didn't know why he wanted to touch her so badly, not indecently, but just an innocent trail of fingers down her outline. Maybe he wanted to also touch her in other ways, but those thoughts weren't entertained very often.

       There was something very pure and innocent about her aura despite the trauma she had endured. She reminded him of the porcelain dolls the children in Asgard carried when they were young. Yes, a porcelain doll, but one that had been dropped and torn at too many times.

       He could have easily disabled Friday with his limited magic and snuck into James' room, where the girl was now sleeping, but he didn't.

       Loki liked seeing her reactions. He loved the thrill of the chase. And the chase was just beginning.

       T'Challa wasn't fond of the thought that Loki was left to roam anywhere he pleased whenever there was a mission. He was currently sleeping in the room next to (Y/N) to ensure her safety. She had left to sleep hours ago; after she showed him some of her other enhancements.

       (Y/N)'s mind had taken very severe hits from the damage of Hydra, and he hoped the Avengers understood she wouldn't just bounce back from it quickly.

       Bucky was going insane on the other side of the world. He was currently standing in their former prison. The Hydra base they were held captive in for two years was surrounding him.

       He shouldered open the metal door to their previous dwelling; memories flashing in front of his eyes. He saw the tattered scraps of cloth she used to clean him up with after a mission resting under the cot. He remembered the cold nights and holding her with his right side to keep her warm.

       The sudden thoughts were driving him insane with worry about leaving her at the tower. Tony told Bucky it was T'Challa that was coming to keep (Y/N) away from Loki, and while he knew T'Challa could hold his own, he still worried about Loki's tricks.

       The mechanical hum of his left arm drew him back to the current situation at hand. The door to the left would bring him to the gruesome lab they were so familiar with, but the door just to the right of the former was forbidden to them. (Y/N) was always curious about it, but every time she tried to go through she was caught and beaten.

       Bucky was the curious one now, so he took out the lock  with a few bullets and rammed his way inside.

       He stood in a room full of computer monitors and filing cabinets. Each cabinet held the name of a person, and right in front of him was the name (Y/N) (L/N).

Bucky pulled the drawer out with little force and narrowed his eyes at the Manila folder inside. He felt around for any traps they may have set and upon finding none, pulled the folder out into the open.

He quickly flipped inside and stopped upon seeing the names of her birth parents. Bucky rested his head against the cool metal of the wall. He let out a groan. "This fucking changes everything," he muttered.

(Y/N) felt sick as she woke up in an unfamiliar room that she quickly remembered was the asset's. "No," she thought, "Bucky's room."

She had slept soundly for the first time in two and a half years. The morning light filtered in through the large windows of the room, leaving gentle shadows to settle around her.

She would have been thoroughly happy with just going back to sleep, but the hunger pangs told another ruling.

She dragged herself out of the incredibly comfortable bedding and began her quest for the kitchen. She slept in one of Bucky's shirts because she couldn't stand the thought of staying in that lab gown any longer.

She had also taken a long, warm shower that had relaxed her sore muscles. Figuring out how to work the hi-tech controls were definitely worth it.

"F-Friday?" She called out. The first words she had spoken in at least a year.

"Yes, ma'am, how may I be of service?" The Scottish AI never failed to make her jump. She made soft steps toward the door.

"C-Can you show me to the kitchen? Please?" She added as an afterthought.

The AI in question began to point her towards the kitchen using the scenery as reference. She finally stood in the doorway of the pantry, filled until it was almost bursting. She assumed that was a necessity with the amount of people residing there.

She made her way to the table with an apple in her hands. She remembered her mother's house; the apple tree that she would always get yelled at for climbing when she was young. Sitting atop the branches, eating the juicy fruit until her mother found her.

Then the bad memories had to follow the good ones. The ones of her stepfather beating her. Her mother not helping him, but not helping her either.

Her nails had made crescent shapes in the skin of the apple. She let out a sigh as a lone tear traveled down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away after hearing footsteps approaching.

There stood all of the Avengers shuffling
their feet and giving her odd glances. "(Y/N)," Bucky shakily said, "We should probably talk."
-------------------------------------------------------
AN: God, I torture you guys I'm so sorry. The cliff hanger too ugh.

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot.

Love, Shortishbookworm!