Chapter 2// Fire Against Ice

"Alright then, who wants to go first?" The question had barely left his lips when Gray and Natsu's hands shot up. Natsu cracked his knuckles as he looked at Gray and shouted an excited, "Alright! I'll show you what a fire dragon slayer can do! Time to doll yourself up and get ready for a night on the town cause I'm taking you to a ballroom blitz!" He then pumped his hand and walked to a point on the grid. Gray looked just as riled up for the fight and smirked, "Come on then Tabasco boy, I'll show you that ice mages are just as great as dragon slayers!" He then walked to a space opposite Natsu and flung his shirt on the ground. Mr Gildarts grinned widely and shouted, "Then let's get this fight started! Okay boys, when I say." Mr Gildarts hadn't even made it to the sideline when Natsu's hands set alight with fire. The hall exploded in hoots of excitement, above me I heard Sting murmur, "So he really is a dragon slayer. The actual Salamander..." I looked up at Sting curious as to how he knows him, he notices then and waves it off saying, "it doesn't matter." I shrug and look back to the battle grid where ice cold air is collecting around Gray. "Don't you know you can't fight fire with ice!? What a dummy!" Natsu laughs looking like he's really finding this amusing while Gray grinds his teeth and shouts, "Shut up, flamebrain! Or I'll use my ice to pummel your face into the ground!!" Gray glares at Natsu as Natsu glares right back, Natsu shouts now clearly annoyed, "Then I'll just melt it! Stop talking ice princess and just fight me!" A chorus of laughter crowds the hall as Mr Gildarts calls out, "Okay boys! Let's stop the verbal fighting and get into the proper fist throwing! Let the match begin!" As the words left his lips Natsu surged forward fists burning with angry flame as Gray smashed his fist onto his flats palm pulling up an ice blue magic circle, he then shouted, "Ice make, lance!" Then suddenly ice lances shoot from the magic circle towards Natsu who dodges them only just, he still scrapes against them as he pounds his flaming fists into the other boy. Gray starts using his fists to block and hit back as the hall is deafening with all the hoots and screams, Natsu and Gray seem to be scrapping so ferociously I can't see much, they move in fast blurs of red and blue, they're moving so fast my eyes can't seem to keep up. I'm starting to get so confused that I'm about to give up watching entirely when Natsu stands back and slams his knuckles together before he cups his hands to his mouth, a red magic circle appearing in front of them, he then shouts so loud it can be heard in perfect clarity through the cheering of the class, "FIRE DRAGON ROAR!" As he shouts this fire spurts from his mouth, oh my god! He's actually breathing fire! I feel Sting stiffen behind me and can tell he's shocked too, this is unbelievable! Gray's just as shocked as me and Sting and doesn't have time to move so gets charred in the flames.

Once the wave of fire subsides Gray looks burnt in places but very determined, he slams his hand to his fist to throw another ice attack, but stops when Mr Gildarts calls out, "That's enough now boys, we don't want anyone getting seriously hurt." Gray looks pissed now and pretty much whines, "But he wasn't gonna hurt me! If anyone was gonna get hurt it's that flame brain!" Natsu laughs and grins cheering, "Fire beats ice! Just as expected!" Gray glares and looks ready to start throwing punches but Mr Gildarts puts a hand up towards him as he makes his way to the middle circle, Gray holds back while Natsu smiles over to the cheering girls of the M.P Class, he looks towards me again but I just ignore it and look to Mr Gildarts who seems to be trying to get Gray to have sportsmanship and all. Natsu walks towards Elfman as to let the next fighters go but Gray stops him saying, "Hold up, dude! I wanna say something." Natsu smirks and waits for Gray to get to him, when he does he looks reluctant before sticking his hand out and saying, "Good fight, hopefully we can fight again?" It's quiet now as everyone has stopped cheering and is watching the scene between the two in anxiety. It looks like Natsu's going to ignore it and leave him hanging, but after a moment of bated breath he takes it and smiles, "Yeah, good fight! I'd love to fight again, ice princess." They shake and Gray laughs, "Cool, but don't call me ice princess, Tabasco boy." Natsu laughs but I tune out the rest as it seems to just be them insulting each other. When I turn back to Mr Gildarts he seems to be grinning like a little boy and rubbing his hands together, he then chuckles, "Well that was exciting! We've got room for one more match, who's up for it?" Surprisingly, no one puts there hand up, not even Rogue and Sting, so an awkward silenced passed through the room and all you could hear was the scuffing of feet and the cold breeze sweeping through the gym. Mr Gildarts looks confused before saying, "Well that's surprising, how about..." He looks around, his eyes squinted like he's trying to pick out a really reluctant person, like me. He then settles his gaze on Juvia and grins, "Okay then, Juvia and.." He looks around again, we meet gazes and he stops for a minute. Oh crap, please don't let him pick me, not against Juvia, I mean she's not as strong as Erza but she's strong! So just please don't let it be - "Lucy! Come on up." Oh shit, he must've seen the fear. I slowly step forward to face opposite Juvia who had already found a place on the grid. I can hear Levy and Erza's encouraging shouts and I look to them nervously, I spare a glance to Sting who's not looking, I frown as I see him looking sternly at Natsu. Wow, thanks for the support. Slightly discouraged I turn back to face Juvia who looks ready to beat me to a pulp, my eyes widen in shock, why does she look so angry?

"Juvia will show Gray-sama that Juvia is better than love rival!" Juvia shouts out to me from across the circle. I facepalm, this again? Gray asked me out in first year! Plus I don't even like him, "Juvia how many times, I DON'T LIKE GRAY!" I shout loud enough for it to bounce off the walls and reverberate loudly in everyone's ears, which it does as Gray turns an extreme red and a laugh from everybody watching echoes around the massive gym. Juvia looks disbelieving and looks to Mr Gildarts as if asking him to start the match, he looks as though he's busy holding in a small laugh but notices Juvia's request and clears his throat, "Okay then girls, I can see there's some serious conflict- "There really isn't!" I cut him off, "i'm not her love rival, okay?" I look to Sting hoping he isn't finding this amusing, but I see his face cracking up along with the rest of the hall, even Natsu! Juvia then makes a loud sound of clearing her throat and Mr Gildarts wipes the amused grin off his face and starts seriously, "Okay, so girls, no serious injuries here! Let the match begin!"

As he sounds the start of the match I'm still not really ready and fumble for a key, I'm not sure which to use against Juvia, I would think Aquarius as Juvia is a water woman but... well she's scary. While I'm thinking I don't realise I'm wide open and get hit as Juvia shouts, "Water slicer!" Sending thin slices of water flying towards me with a swift movement of her hand. The whole hall explodes with shouts of excitement as I scream and try and duck, although I don't dodge very well as a hissing pain forms on my lower calf. I fumble for Taurus' key and pull it out as she shouts, "WATER NEBULA!" Her shout is so loud it ricochets of the walls and deafens me along with the too loud hoots of the rest of my classmates. I run and just miss the humongous gush of water that was thrown at me, gritting my teeth, I point Taurus' key forward almost screaming, "GATE OF THE GOLDEN BULL! I OPEN THEE, TAURUS!" As soon as the words leave my lips, a whoosh of golden light bursts from the key along with the sound of a church bell sounds and Taurus appears in front of me. The cheers from the rest of the room grow louder as the fight gets more interesting, I look to Taurus as he says in glee, "Lucy your body moooves me!" My face goes bright red as the hall starts laughing, Taurus' eyes seem glazed over as he stares at me and wiggles around like a weirdo. "TAURUS! FIGHT JUVIA!" I order in a panic as I see Juvia gearing up for another attack. I watch in excitement knowing Taurus can definitely take Juvia out with his axe, but as he rushes forward propelled by the halls screams of encouragement and strikes Juvia with a powerful thrust of his axe; she doesn't even flinch. My looks of happiness turn to horror as the axe goes right through her, everyone holds their breath and there is a total silence before Juvia sends him flying back with a water slicer. He falls in front of me and I stand with my mouth agape, he apologises, "I'm sorry but I'm going hooome, Lucy!" before disappearing in a swirl of golden light. The hall erupts in hoots of amazement once more as I try to recover from what I just saw, I stare at Juvia in utter awe as she smiles back at me, her body sliced in the middle but floating and unscathed. Holy shit that's amazing. I go for another key as Juvia opens her mouth to shout another attack, but we're both stopped as Mr Gildarts announces, "Alright! Enough for today! Thank you ladies for that amazing match but it's the end of lesson." A collective sigh of disappointment goes through the hall as I walk to Sting and fall into his open arms, exhausted, before looking to the teacher on the grid. "Come on sir! Just one more match!" Jet shouts from up the line of people standing outside the match grid, Mr Gildarts grins and shakes his head saying, "I'd like to have another match just as much as you but it's the end of lesson. Sorry guys, now go get dressed."

_oOo_

Heyo my berries!

How was that chapter? There's going to be more from the school day :] I've got loads of ideas but it'll be slow updates, I know I'm sorry it's just I've got a lot of stuff to do, so much exam prep and stuff it's kinda getting to me in bad ways, but i'll try and write as much as possible!

As always, please follow, vote and most importantly comment! I'd love to hear ideas and suggestions :]

Okay, I love you all more than my Xbox!

~ Kip c: