Chapter 8// Rivals Again Part 2

Natsu's POV

I make it back to my dorm room and walk in through the shiny red door, flicking the light on in the empty room. Everyone else has gone back to their lessons but I don't have one until 3. I lie on my bed and check the digital clock on the dresser to see that it's 13:30. I sigh, an hour and a half to do nothing. Looking up from my bed I close my eyes in thought. It's not long until thoughts of the blonde begin filling my mind. I smirk, this plan... I've got to stop holding off on starting it.
Lucy is actually kind of fun to tease though! I bite the inside of my cheek, now that Sting knows what I intend to do I may as well put it into action... What even was the plan anyway?
I rest the back of my hand on my forehead as I sprawl lazily across the bedsheets. A couple of seconds pass and I remember, exclaiming "Oh yeah!" I've gotta s-

"Natsu?" I hear a cautious voice from the doorway and look up startled. It appears I'd left the door open, so now Lisanna is speaking to me. She looks the same as she always did, short white hair and stunning blue eyes, and despite blue eyes being common, Lisanna's could always stand out among any crowd. I sit up and she takes it as an invitation to step into the room, she smiles awkwardly before greeting, "Hi, how have you been?" My jaw tightens and I clinch my fists, how does she have the right to speak to me like nothing happened? She sees the anger on my face and steps back for a second asking frightfully, "Was it a bad idea to come?" I see the rising worry in her eyes and calm myself, I can't be mad with Lisanna, its Sting's fault not hers. I sigh and release my fists. "No, it's alright," I apologise, "come sit down." I gesture to the space next to me on the bed. She seems to hesitate before entering the room again and taking a seat beside me.
We sit in awkward silence for a few minutes before I ask, "So... what are you doing here?" She shuffles slightly beside me before answering back, "I saw you and Sting in the courtyard earlier and thought I'd come check on you." I grump and cross my arms replying, "Why aren't you checking on Sting?"
She sighs lightly in response before replying, "because he has a girlfriend. He'd just be rude... besides, I knew you'd probably be more affected." I scoff before puffing out my chest and boasting, "You know I'll always be fine. I'm the great Natsu!" I begin to grin giddily as I look at her, she looks doubting as her face finally cracks into a grin and we both laugh slightly.
I lean back, looking up before appreciating the bars that hold the bunk above my own and release a sigh, closing my eyes lightly. I'm actually kind of tired, I open my mouth to begin shooing Lisanna but close it when I feel a hand over my own, it's warm and small and I don't even need to look because I know that it's hers. There's a small silence before her soft words fill the room, "Not always." The words cause me to open my eyes and stare back up at the bunk. I forgot how nice her hands were. I begin to move my hand in order to hold onto her. But her small, soft palm moves away and she gets up quickly, coughing like something's in the back of her throat. I look towards her and she has a determined look on her face once more, I pull a confused face and she begins speaking in a strong voice. "I'm sorry, but that ended a while ago Natsu. I was concerned, as a friend."
A pause and the room is silent, I'm not surprised though. I slowly nod...
I guess I just missed the warmth of another, my own has been missing for a while...

I frown at the thought and she must have thought it was from what she said as she apologises, "I'm sorry Natsu, I've got to go." She then takes her leave, she almost hesitates, but walks straight out, her footsteps seeming to echo down the hallway and reverberate in the empty space she left behind.
I let out a deep sigh before curling up onto my bed in a fetal position.
I don't want to think about the plan right now.
I tuck in tighter, closing my eyes to be greeted by the darkness behind the lids, I fidget slightly before sinking into that darkness and falling asleep.

                 _oOo_

•Lucy's POV•

I step out into the chilly air and button up my long brown coat to conserve my warmth from the classroom. I don't think it should be this cold in October, are we suffering through some global warming?
I chuckle as I walk across the grounds towards the dorms, perhaps its from the new release of cars from the country Edolas far North; they are supposed to produce Carbon Dioxide which is said to effect the stratosphere's greenhouse affect badly.
I sigh and catch sight of my breath, why am I thinking so deeply about this anyway, let's just get into the dorm.
I continue walking through the grounds and reach the Year 10 Dorm buildings, swiping my key card and allowing myself entry. I shake the slight cold off my hands and walk up to my dorm floor, checking the time as I do. "20 minutes past 3.  End of my lessons for today. This new school schedule is great!" I speak out loud to myself, making it down the hall. I almost reach my door when there's a loud squeaking of springs and a yell of "Crap!"
I snap my head to the red door across from my own and know instantly who it is. I smirk, ha, Natsu must be late for his lesson. Look whose got another detention! I continue with my smug expression as Natsu bursts out of his room, clad in some brown cargo pants and a red t-shirt, his signature scarf splaying out behind him.
I step out of the way and watch him zoom past, unlucky.

Smirking I enter my own room, closing the door behind me before placing my handbag down on my lower bunk.
I soon follow it and sit down, crossing my legs and sitting in silence for a moment. Wait a minute. It may be the end of my lesson schedule but I've still got a detention.
Dammit Natsu you Baka!
I sigh in frustration and stand up from the bed, I sure don't know where I'm going but I won't spend my free time couped up in here.

I leave my room, cross my arms over my chest and head down the halls, I'll just go to Love and Lucky, I'm sure Levy or Erza will be there, god knows where Juvia's stalked Gray to now.
I head down the dorm stairs and out the entrance, stalking across the grounds and wrapping my coat tighter around me.
Eeek, still cold.
I curse myself as I head for the campus gates, not really listening out for anything, but a loud giggle catches my attention.
Stopping about a foot away from the gate I look around, moving a strand of blonde hair behind my ear before waiting for another sound.
I don't hear one and almost set off before I hear it again along with a hushed "be quiet" that sounded quite familiar.

Narrowing my eyes I start to investigate where the sound came from. I step away from the gates and head over to my right, I know that there's a fountain nearby, maybe it came from there?

Getting closer to the fountain I hear the flapping of loose clothing and shuffling grass as someone makes small steps, the soft noises are accompanied by another laugh and a gasp of pleasure.

Certain that it's coming from the fountain I rush to a nearby tree, hiding behind it and facing the other way. Maybe I can make out who it is by the voices?
Freezing still where I am and straining my ears I can hear slight pattering on the skin before a worried whisper, "Are you sure this is alright?"

I hold my breath for the response, and when I hear it I almost choke, "Of course, what are you afraid of?" Is that Sting!?

I peek around the tree, my curiosity and anger getting the better of me, but I instantly regret it.
It's Sting alright, and some girl I don't think I've seen before, but with the way he's got his hand on her thigh with her shirt hanging off her shoulders as he kisses up her neck I'm sure he knows her well.

Watching them I can almost see a red film cover my eyes before I can't take it.
"Sting, you jerk!" I scream, charging forward before halting just before them.

The girl panics and shuffles away from Sting immediately, almost falling into the fountain in her rush. But I don't focus on her, I focus on Sting as he turns to me, shock covering his features.

I slap him clean across his face, "What the hell is wrong with you!?" I yell, not even expecting an answer. I watch him scramble for a response before he hard sets his face on a look of sincerity, he opens his mouth to speak but I hold up my finger before stating crossly, "I don't want to hear your excuse, and I don't want to hear or see you ever again." I huff angrily as I feel my face heat in my rage.

I want to say more but I don't see the point, he looks sincere but his eyes betray the rest. I can't believe I ever went out with that scum, that cheat, that Baka!

I storm away from the fountain, heading off towards the dorms and not looking back.
I don't ever want to look at that lying cheats face ever again.
But if I do, he'll be in pain.

_oOo_

Oh boy,

That took a while. A looooong while.
Not too sure if it's what I wanted, but at least I've got something to work upon if it's not.

Sorry it's taken forever, it would have come sooner but I got a new phone and lost all my planning for the third time and I was just done, but I decided that I couldn't leave it forever, and so here's what we've got.

I hope you enjoyed it, I've got plans for the next chapter, it'll be short but only to get out a long cutesy one I've had planned for ages now.

Here's a small drop on what it will entail: Gruvia, Jerza and Gajevy!

Anywho, thanks for reading :) Please comment, vote and follow!

I love you all more than I love Lion King 2!

~ Kacie